Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

MathieuF
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

CURRENT-SOUNDING RAP/HIP-HOP INSTRUMENTALS

Post by MathieuF » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:09 pm

I'm working on this right now :

Here's the listing :

CURRENT-SOUNDING RAP/HIP-HOP INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a hard-working, successful Music Licensing Company.

They’re searching for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals in the general wheelhouse of the following references we got directly from them.

“Big Bank” (instrumental) by YG ft. 2 Chainz, Big Sean, Nicki Minaj

“The Light” (intrumental) by Ty Dolla $ign & Jeremih

“Twerk” (instrumental) by City Girls ft Cardi B

Please send them sparse, well-crafted Rap/Hip-Hop Instrumentals that utilize a minimal number of elements, but still capture a speaker-knocking vibe. Your production should be modern and up-to-date, with super current sounds and production techniques. Trap-leaning production can work for this request.

Your submissions should be 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will probably work best. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Also, do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Copyright.

Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with any other Libraries or Catalogs! Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - Short Critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Friday, June 14th, 2019. TAXI #Y190614HH

I'm trying to get the feel/mood/groove of "Big Bank". Now I know I'm not finished yet, but I'm stucked...I don't really know what to do next to have the track complete ! Help please :) Thanks !!

Mathieu
Mathieu Fiset - Keyboardist / Drummer / Composer
https://mathieufiset.bandcamp.com/

MathieuF
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: CURRENT-SOUNDING RAP/HIP-HOP INSTRUMENTALS

Post by MathieuF » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:02 am

I've done a second one now :

And updated the first one :

MathieuF
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by MathieuF » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:44 pm

Feedbacks please ? :D

MathieuF
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by MathieuF » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:13 am

Oh yeah sometimes I do a quick bounce just for my demos so I might have cut the last note short :D But thanks !

JeanieLarkin
Active
Active

Post by JeanieLarkin » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:12 am

Hey Mathieu,

Well done, they're sounding on target to me. I also submitted to this, and wish my productions were that polished! I've still got a lot to learn about Hip Hop production so hopefully, someone else with more experience will chime in, should they need any tweaking.

Good luck!

Jeanie

MathieuF
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by MathieuF » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:56 pm

JeanieLarkin wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:12 am
Hey Mathieu,

Well done, they're sounding on target to me. I also submitted to this, and wish my productions were that polished! I've still got a lot to learn about Hip Hop production so hopefully, someone else with more experience will chime in, should they need any tweaking.

Good luck!

Jeanie
Thanks !

Post the song your submited :)

JeanieLarkin
Active
Active

Post by JeanieLarkin » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:29 am

MathieuF wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:56 pm
Post the song your submited :)
Ha! I'm not quite brave enough yet. Write, submit, forget, repeat is my motto at the moment. Listening back - there are clearly some errors in structure, arrangement and mix (especially when compared to yours!) so I doubt it will get forwarded but the more I do the more I learn! When I am a bit better I shall be brave and post in the Peer-to-Peer for feedback!!