We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Muledog
Active
Active

COVER VERSION SONGS OF Frank Sinatra's "Young At Heart"

Post by Muledog » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:55 pm

Hi everybody,

I wanted to get this done sooner but it took a lot more time than I thought it would. If anyone has the time and any feedback on this I'd appreciate it. I still have until midnight tonight to fix any problems.

Young At Heart:

www.taxi.com/thomasleary

Thanks in advance for your time and any feedback on this!

Thanks,
Thomas

COVER VERSION SONGS OF Frank Sinatra's "Young At Heart" with Male Vocals are needed for a $1,000, NON-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor placement in an Indie Feature Film.

For reference, here’s the original version of "Young At Heart":

"Young At Heart" by Frank Sinatra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT--YHYbwjs

NOTE: For this request, they don't need you to reinvent the wheel. Simply give them versions that have timeless appeal of the Sinatra Classic. You’d be wise to not go too left-of-center with your Cover Songs, and stick fairly close to the style and feel of the original lyric and melody, so that the root of the song is recognizable. If you stray too far away from the original, your covers may not be as appealing!

Please submit well-produced Cover Songs of "Young At Heart" that capture the easy-listening vibe found in the reference above. Strong musicianship and smooth vocal performances will help you nail this request!

NOTE: Recently recorded Songs or old vintage master recordings of "Young At Heart" can both work for this pitch. Broadcast Quality is needed.

The license fee for this placement is $1,000, depending on the ultimate use. This is a Direct-to-Music Supervisor placement, so you’ll keep 100% ownership of your Master and Composition rights, plus you’ll also get 100% of the sync fee. You must own your Master to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Monday, June 24th, 2019. TAXI #Y190624YH
Thomas Leary

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: COVER VERSION SONGS OF Frank Sinatra's "Young At Heart"

Post by Len911 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:25 pm

Thomas, I only have one nit, and that's the word "had" instead of "have", however, that is because I've listened many years to the song,lol.
Submit it! It's a top notch performance and I enjoyed it tremendously! Kudos!
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

jdkotaska
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jdkotaska » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:30 pm

Hi Thomas,

Sounds great! The only thing I would nitpick at is the vocals. I jumped a bit when they first came in because they were a bit louder than I expected in relation to the music levels. The sound quality on the vocals also seemed a little bit harsh at times, not sure why that was or how to fix it (compression, maybe?), as I'm not a vocalist and I don't use vocals in my tracks (so far). I hope this helps.

Muledog
Active
Active

Post by Muledog » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:22 pm

Len911 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:25 pm
Thomas, I only have one nit, and that's the word "had" instead of "have", however, that is because I've listened many years to the song,lol.
Submit it! It's a top notch performance and I enjoyed it tremendously! Kudos!
Hi Len,

Thanks for listening, the kind words, and the great catch on the lyrics. On the version I'm going by I think I'm hearing "You had a head start" the first time and "You've had a head start" the second time. Bad job of proofreading on my part.

I'll try to fix that along with another issue (vocals to loud and EQ'd wrong) brought up by the next post. Thanks again for the help with this!

Thanks,
Thomas
Last edited by Muledog on Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas Leary

Muledog
Active
Active

Post by Muledog » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:28 pm

jdkotaska wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:30 pm
Hi Thomas,

Sounds great! The only thing I would nitpick at is the vocals. I jumped a bit when they first came in because they were a bit louder than I expected in relation to the music levels. The sound quality on the vocals also seemed a little bit harsh at times, not sure why that was or how to fix it (compression, maybe?), as I'm not a vocalist and I don't use vocals in my tracks (so far). I hope this helps.
Hi Dean,

Thanks for listening and the feedback! I'm going back in and fixing that and a wrong word brought up by the last post. I'm going to try to soften the EQ on the vocal submix. I used two EQs, one on the channel of the vocal tracks, and one on the master vocal submix. Thanks again for the help! I had been wondering if the vocals were a little too loud but needed a second opinion.

Thanks,
Thomas
Thomas Leary