4 months in - FIRST PLACEMENT!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

4 months in - FIRST PLACEMENT!

Post by ResonantTone » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:06 pm

Hey Taxi friends,

So excited to write this here about some of my experiences with Taxi and everything that has happened thus far.

February 2019 - Joined Taxi, didn't know what the heck I was doing. Found a listing I thought sounded like something I could do, and gave it my best shot. Amazingly got a forward for it, but never heard back. Per the advice of everyone on here, I kept writing and submitting.

March 2019 - Lots of writing, some obsessing over my submissions. Some forwards, some disappointments in songs I worked really hard on that didn't get forwarded. No word from any Libraries.

April 2019 - In the course of 5 days, I get contacted by 3 separate libraries! All of them asked for more music. Pretty overwhelming in a good way! From there on out, I really focus on trying to create the best quality music I can while maintaining as fast a pace as possible. Most of my time is split 50/50 with writing for libraries and writing for taxi listings.

May 2019 - More forwards here and there, more returns. One of the libraries likes my stuff enough to ask for an entire album (to which I got some great advice here on the forums!).

June 2019 - The beginning of this month, I get contacted by two of the libraries that ask for multiple albums in multiple genres! Then as of today, the library that asked for the album in May lets me know that a cue from it was used 10X on morning show on CNN! :shock: :shock: :shock: WHOA! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm ecstatic about it to say the least! A really great feeling, and super motivating. :)

For anyone that is wondering if Taxi is the real deal... IT'S THE REAL DEAL. None of this stuff would have happened had it not been for Taxi, Taxi TV, and all you amazing people here on the forums. Can't say thank you enough for all the help and advice, and I hope I can provide the same to those just getting started.

Andrew

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: 4 months in - FIRST PLACEMENT!

Post by markhimley » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:12 pm

Dang man congrats! That's gotta be the fastest timeline I've ever seen here. That's incredible - and well deserved!! Keep it up man

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:16 pm

HOLY CRAP!!! Andrew, that's freakin' awesome!!! Gotta be the fastest zero-to-hero story I've heard of in all my time with Taxi. To go from knowing nothing with your initial membership registration just 3-4 months ago to getting an actual TV placement this week is practically miraculous. Wow! Keep the good vibes flowing, my man.

~~Matt

jdkotaska
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jdkotaska » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:19 pm

Congratulations, Andrew!

Every time I think of backing off from the music and loafing around watching TV, etc., I'm going to ask myself, "What would Andrew do?" and get back to work. :P

HigherSelf
Active
Active

Post by HigherSelf » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:08 pm

Congrats!!

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ResonantTone » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:09 pm

jdkotaska wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:19 pm
Congratulations, Andrew!

Every time I think of backing off from the music and loafing around watching TV, etc., I'm going to ask myself, "What would Andrew do?" and get back to work. :P
LOL.. I'm glad I can help motivate ya, Dean. I listened to a few of your songs on Soundcloud... sound great, man! I wouldn't be surprised if you're passing me up sometime soon. :)
VanderBoegh wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:16 pm
HOLY CRAP!!! Andrew, that's freakin' awesome!!! Gotta be the fastest zero-to-hero story I've heard of in all my time with Taxi. To go from knowing nothing with your initial membership registration just 3-4 months ago to getting an actual TV placement this week is practically miraculous. Wow! Keep the good vibes flowing, my man.

~~Matt
Thanks Matt! Being totally honest right here... I think one of the main reasons I was able to see things happen so quickly is from watching Taxi TV's and reading stuff here on the forum incessantly. One particular episode of Taxi Tv with you, Chuck Henry, and Michael really helped me get in the right mindset early on. It was very informative and super inspiring! Thanks for helping me in ways you may not have even realized!
CTWF wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:31 pm
I told you back then that you hit the ground running, and you seem to be running faster and faster... :) Congratulations for a great first placement!

Tom
Thanks Tom! Appreciate the encouragement! I'm glad I'm not the only way seeing good things come my way.. **cough** your recently forwarded song was awesome **cough**
markhimley wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:12 pm
Dang man congrats! That's gotta be the fastest timeline I've ever seen here. That's incredible - and well deserved!! Keep it up man
Probably a good combination of luck and seeing all the instruction given by you and others here at play. I'd say it's a testament to Taxi and the awesome community. :) Appreciate it man!

HigherSelf wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:08 pm
Congrats!!
Thanks man! I appreciate you helping me out with feedback on some of those tracks that are really in your wheelhouse. :)

Andrew

HigherSelf
Active
Active

Post by HigherSelf » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:12 pm

Glad to help dude, you've got things moving really quickly which is awesome, now you are going to be so inspired it should all really flow from here.

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ttully » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:06 pm

Congratulations Andrew!!!
You da man...

They must have really liked your music....
In 13 years...I have never had any library or TV show tell me when any tracks were used.

Keep up the good work!!!

As usual...my 2 cents worth,
Tim

cassmcentee
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cassmcentee » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:12 pm

Congrats Andrew!
We are going to need a Taxi Hall of Fame :P
Robert "Cass" McEntee
"Making music on a spinning ball of Magma"