Softube plugs

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

teleblaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Softube plugs

Post by teleblaster » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:57 am

Really liking the offerings from Softube lately. The fact that many of them integrate into their Console1 hardware channel strip is some sweet icing on the cake. I just made the first large music s/w purchase for me in a long time and picked up their bundle, Volume 3 https://www.softube.com/volume3#/

Here's what I've found so far:
-The FET (1176 clone) is a killer on drums and heavy guitars, and probably other sources
-The drawmer mastering tool (the little version) is a killer piece of kit, on sale alone right now for $49 Some great presets that can be stacked up behind your uber fast limiter (e.g. waves L2)
-Harmonics, their saturation tool, is probably the best tool I've worked with in that breed. It needs to be dialed in to the source, but really does some cool stuff. It adds sheen and texture w/o losing punch like so many others do.
-parallels is a pretty dang cool synth with a unique interface that even a non keys/synth geek can work and get fresh new sounds (now if I could just actually play keys)
-TSA1R reverb is a stunning algo 'verb. The drum presets alone are worth the price of admission.

neilmctavish
Active
Active

Re: Softube plugs

Post by neilmctavish » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:05 am

Yeah, I really like Softube stuff too. I have the TubeTech channel and use it quite a bit. The CL1B Mk2 is excellent. I also like their 1176, Trident A eq, Tape, Saturation. Really good stuff.

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ResonantTone » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:26 am

I have the free saturation plugin, and that alone makes me want to check out all their other stuff. It’s phenomenal.

This whole package is going on my wish list... now I just need to stop buying guitar stuff and start buying some new plugins!

Andrew

teleblaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by teleblaster » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:33 pm

neilmctavish wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:05 am
Yeah, I really like Softube stuff too. I have the TubeTech channel and use it quite a bit. The CL1B Mk2 is excellent. I also like their 1176, Trident A eq, Tape, Saturation. Really good stuff.
The Trident EQ has such a cool vibe, nice and thick w/o getting muddy. It's not right for everything, but when it's right man it just kills. I haven't tried all the 1176 emuls out there, but theirs (the FET) is such a killer on a drum buss; to my ears it smoked the Waves CA-76 for that application.

I demo'd the tube tech stuff a while back and really liked it, but I need to cool my jets a bit.

teleblaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by teleblaster » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:35 pm

ResonantTone wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:26 am
I have the free saturation plugin, and that alone makes me want to check out all their other stuff. It’s phenomenal.

Andrew
Plugin companies and dealers..., first hit is free. It is a great little piece, great on bass.