Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

FUN POP INSTRUMENTAL

Post by johndalenow » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:59 pm

How's this remake, guys?

https://soundcloud.com/john-dale-music/ ... 19-1149-pm

HIP, FUN, INSTRUMENTALS are needed for an (up to) $100,000, Direct-to-Ad-Agency placement in a TV Commercial for a big product that will likely get tons of spins.

They’re looking for emotionally upbeat, Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals that would fall within the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following examples.

COLOR POP: Style Ideas for Fall | Nordstrom Rack

COLOR POP: Style Ideas for Fall | Nordstrom Rack

Quoting the Agency: “We’re looking for something that's refreshing, hip, and cutting edge. Fun and positive, with an upbeat Pop flavor, but toned down with some kind of sticky beat/hook. The vibe should have FUN energy.”

They didn’t give us many of the usual creative parameters, so rather than trying to describe what the Ad Agency is looking for strictly in musical terms. Here’s a set of tips we think could serve you well for this request:

TAXI Tip 1: Your submission MUST convey an upbeat, positive, and fun vibe!

TAXI Tip 2: Note the percussive quality that both references have in common. We think that's probably a solid clue for the sound and vibe they’re going for.

TAXI Tip 3: Instrumentals that stick with one motif from beginning to end will likely be more appealing to the Ad Agency and Video Editors working on this commercial. They will probably want to stick with one “feeling” from top to bottom and not want music that jumps from one tempo/style/motif to another.

TAXI Tip 4: No time lengths were given, but it’s safe to assume that 1:30 to 2:30 would be a good range. Not too short, not too long. Short intros are usually the best bet for this type of placement!

TAXI Tip 5: Go back and listen carefully to the examples and ask yourself, “Does my Instrumental stylistically fit with the feel and mood of those references?” If it does, send it in!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your submissions can also have some simple, non-lyrical Vocal elements. However, we've heard that this Commercial might end up having a Voice-Over, so if you include any "vocalese," keep it really simple and don't overdo it.

Do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast quality is needed.

The estimated license fee for this placement is up to $100,000, depending on the ultimate use.

This is a Direct-to-Ad-Agency pitch. You’ll keep 100% ownership of the Copyright and Master Recording, but you won’t be able to license your song for any other Commercials for the duration of the term of the agreement, which will be determined by the Ad Agency and you. You must own or control the Master and Composition rights to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All Submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis by a TAXI A&R person hand-picked by the Ad Agency. Short critiques only. All Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Tuesday, July 2nd, 2019. TAXI #Y190702BG

MathieuF
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: FUN POP INSTRUMENTAL

Post by MathieuF » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:30 am

Hi !

Well that's a fun track but IMO there's too much reverb on the guitar and some of the percs. Try to have it more "in your face".

Also, please let me share with you the track I've done myself for that same listing :)

Mathieu Fiset - Keyboardist / Drummer / Composer
https://mathieufiset.bandcamp.com/

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: FUN POP INSTRUMENTAL

Post by johndalenow » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:25 pm

MathieuF wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:30 am
Hi !

Well that's a fun track but IMO there's too much reverb on the guitar and some of the percs. Try to have it more "in your face".

Also, please let me share with you the track I've done myself for that same listing :)

Thanks for the comment, Matthieu. I really enjoyed your track. Great energy, right from the git go! Best of luck. BTW, I agree and will tone down the reverb.

John