Missed A/C Sinatra listing

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

wilkemusic

Missed A/C Sinatra listing

Post by wilkemusic » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:43 pm

So I just signed back up for Taxi and I literally was trying to upload my final bounce at 11:58 and missed the deadline!!! Figured I would throw it up here anyway and get some feedback.

Thanks!!

https://soundcloud.com/andrewwilke/youn ... -1/s-OkAUu

teleblaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Missed A/C Sinatra listing

Post by teleblaster » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:21 pm

definitely possible to update a mix after the listing has closed. It's a little bit of a crapshoot, but usually you have at least a week window to update things.

I don't know what the listing was looking for specifically. I think you've got a nice track here with a good vocal, but, it's not ala the Chairman of the Board. If vib'ing Franky was part of the deal this might be a bit tough to sell

Here's a few things I noticed.
- vox are a bit pitchy and 'not-confident' sounding at :50 on the word 'seams'
- the lowest voice in the string ensemble is a bit pitchy to these ears, listen to 1:30 to 1:35 for an example
-overall I felt the vox and strings were fighting a bit for space in the eq and distance areas, I'd soften the strings and push them back (more 'verb)
-I like the energy that comes from the walking bass when the trumpet solo comes in
-really nice trumpet perf, great note choices and style

Super adventurous piece, carrying a medium tempo piece w/o drums is not for the faint at heart. Maybe that's why it's called Young at Heart.

HTH

wilkemusic

Re: Missed A/C Sinatra listing

Post by wilkemusic » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:37 pm

Thank you! I really appreciate. Trying to get that Sinatra "vibe" with my minimal vocal skills was for sure a stretch. Especially with the jumps this melody has!