Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Sunset
Impressive
Impressive

Orchestral Keyswitch alternative

Post by Sunset » Thu May 02, 2019 6:24 am

Hi all,

Stumbled onto this recently.. for those who 1. use Cubase or Logic.. and 2 ,. use multiple articulations in your Orchestral or hybrid orchestral cues- this is a real timesaver.. https://www.babylonwaves.com/

Being able to standardize articulations in the same keyrange amongst diferent VST's and switch between them using (in Cubase ) "expression maps" and standardized keyswitches in Logic can save a HUGE amount of time.

Well worth a look and very useful for realistic mockups.. this little baby will save a bunch of time composing,as well as organizing these yourself.

Have a look

John

Barryfoorp

Orchestral Keyswitch alternative

Post by Barryfoorp » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:37 pm

WHO RECORDS INSTRUMENTS???

IF YOU USED VSTS YOU WOULD NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ABELTON LIVE YOU ARE USING IT FOR THE WRONG REASONS FUCK INSTRUMENTS USE VSTS YOU ARE FUCKING DUMB

I AM NUMBER ONE I AM FUCKING SWEET

stevebarden
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Orchestral Keyswitch alternative

Post by stevebarden » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:10 pm

While in theory this sounds like a really cool idea, the practicality of it comes up short IMHO. Not all instruments support the same set of articulations, and what happens to the articulations that are “leftover”?

I use Cubase and the Expression Maps feature is extremely versatile and well worth learning how to create your own. In fact, when you use Expression Maps you don’t actually have to press any key switches. They are all visible and easily selectable in the controller lanes. It eliminates the need to memorize key switches.

Think of it as your list of contacts in your phone - you don’t memorize phone numbers anymore either, just look up the person by name.