Song for Remixing - reposted from Shameless Self-Promotion

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Song for Remixing - reposted from Shameless Self-Promotion

Post by Merryband1 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:56 pm

Peter Rahill funsongs suggested I post the song I had put on the Shameless Self-Promotion thread over here to get more feedback. This is the one I submitted to the TAXI TV "Get Your Mix Analyzed By Rob Chiarelli" episode, and it didn't get chosen for review.

The drum track definitely needs redoing, as it was just a straight rhythm track from my keyboard. Posting the original post, and Peter and Len's comments.

BEGIN POSTS:

http://marionfaithlaird.homestead.com/S ... 2569769305

Here's the song I submitted to the TAXI TV today. Just as glad it didn't get played since there's one spot where the guitar got offbeat... And it needs better drums.

Peter Rahill:
For what it's worth - the lyrics/story line sound like something that coulda been sung by a Loretta Lynn to a Wynona Judd; while it also had a Johnny Cash/June Carter vibe to it.
If that's a positive critique, and you'd want to develop it in that direction, a solid Johnny Cash-style train-beat/shuffle might be a good fit.
Not exactly this - but sorta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mqZPb9UUgs

If it were mine to produce - I'd go full Old-School Country with that tick-tack Telecaster chicken-pickin', and some pedal steel guitar... maybe piano & whistling B-3.
But hey - that's just me. :? :shock:
IMHO - it's well-written. :P

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Why not copy & re-post your song your notes on the Peer-To-Peer board?

Len:
It sounds more folk than country, imo.
If you make her a good husband
that threw me for a minute, 8-) , if he makes her a good husband, I was expecting something about a wife. I dunno, "if you're a good husband for her"?? If she thinks you're a good husband??

Merry:
Thanks, Peter & Len!

LOL on making her a good husband. It does kind of have overtones of Dr. Frankenstein, doesn't it? :lol: It's an older dialectical choice. If she thinks you're a good husband could definitely fit the prosody. I'll take it under advisement. :D

Remixing Old School Country or Johnny/June style sounds like fun. Pity it isn't hip enough to use in that listing for the Modern Country artist. :)

Reposting in Peer to Peer is a good idea. Thanks. I'll quote y'all's posts in the post.

Merry :)