Am Ion target?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Am Ion target?

Post by ronnie35 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:36 am

ORCHESTRAL TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a Music Library that has just started requesting music from TAXI's members. It’s a good time to get in on the ground floor and build a relationship with this library.

They need a bunch of Orchestral-based Tension Cues in a variety of tempos and styles. Please listen to the references below to get a general idea of what they need:

Reference 1

Reference 2

Please send in well-composed Cues that have a distinctly TENSE style and sound and are also stylistically "on point" with the references above. Your instrumentation can be solely Orchestral, or you can utilize a hybrid of other genres combined with Orchestral elements. Be sure to craft your Cues around simple, tension-inducing melodic content while adding new layers of instrumentation as they progress to add dynamics and some forward momentum that builds to a climax. Think of what you'd hear in sports TV Promos, and you'll likely be on the right track!

Your submissions should be at least 2 minutes in length. Non-Faded, Buttoned/Stinger endings will work best for this request. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the songs you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Sunday, July 28th, 2019. TAXI Dispatch #D190728ES

Submit to this listing TAXI # D190728ES

Favorite The piece is called THE HAIL MARY http://www.soundcloud.com/777rd Thanks for the listen and critque Ronny :)
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org

Susanstunes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Am Ion target?

Post by Susanstunes » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:10 am

Hi Ronny-

Not anything I have tried before but I listened to the references and they both start quiet and build and yours starts out big.
Also the refs seem to creatively add just enough variety in the arrangement to keep it like a story.

In Hail Mary
adding and subtracting out maybe the Tom's and the main rif from time to time and/or adding something different in the middle for maybe 4 bars....

I think Hail Mary is well done!
Susan

www.susanhillmanmusic.com
www.soundcloud.com/susanhillman
www.instagram.com/susanhillmanmusic

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ronnie35 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:49 am

Thank you, will do
RON
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:23 pm

Ron,

Mix / production wise:

Strings on L side are loud and sound very separate from the rest of the mix.
drums are a little bright and don't fit into the soundstage either.

With MIDI stuff if you reduce the velocity of the notes played you can get a much warmer deeper tone - then raise the volume of that track to compensate.

You did a lot of stuff with much of the brass like the swells at 0:12 and 0:25 that work and hold the space. Try fitting all your strings into that plane of reference.

Same with the piano - a little lighter velocity might be a little easier to fit into the mix.

BTW - the references don't show up in the original post. No links.

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ronnie35 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:37 pm

ThanksAndy I Am in Florida now when I get back To ABQIwill make the changes
Ron
Is there to much compression on the strings should I even have compression
Last edited by ronnie35 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ronnie35 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:48 pm

I was trying something with the string placement I googled Chicago symphony when George Solti was the conductor he had his Basses Cello and violins to the left you are right the velocity is to high also limiter could also be the Eq I used. It is a dispatch listing will try to send the reference
Ron