Why not forward this?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Funkyfreddy

Why not forward this?

Post by Funkyfreddy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:05 am

The track I submitted to this listing is called "Sunday Gets the Shaft" and is on my Taxi page. Please give it a listen if you have time. I'm really baffled as to why this wasn't forwarded.....

Listing Y190513SV

ORIGINAL, 1970s-SOUNDING, SOUL/FUNK INSTRUMENTALS are needed for an (up to) $12,000 placement by a NON-Exclusive Publisher that’s feeding material to the Music Supervisor of a Hit TV Series.
They’re looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals (recently recorded/Retro-sounding or Vintage Recordings can both work) that would fall within the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references we got from our client:
“Pusherman” by Curtis Mayfield
“Theme From Shaft” by Isaac Hayes
“It's Your Thing” by The Isley Brothers
Quoting Our Source: “The Instrumental should be in a '70s Soul/Funk style, in the general range of the references. The production can be modern as long they're able to capture the vibe of the references.”
Give them original, full-length Instrumentals with a classic, authentic Soul and/or Funk vibe and feel. Your Instrumentals should have plenty of personality, infectious rhythms, soulfully expressive melodies, funky bass lines, and solid, in-the-pocket drum parts. Your submission must maintain a groove in order for it to work for this request!
All submissions should be 2-3 minutes long, give or take. Non-Faded endings with a natural ring out will work best. Do not copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for overall feel, texture, and tone. Broadcast quality is needed.

Listener ID # 309 - Your instrumental has good energy as well a Funk influence that's appealing to the listing. Adding more Soulfulness as well as some '70s influenced R&B styles similar to the references would bring you closer to the listings range.

Hmm.... You can't hear the "soulfulness" or "'70s influenced R&B styles" already present in this track?

EDIT: I have to contact Taxi on Monday and figure out why no one can play my tracks..... Thanks for looking though!
Last edited by Funkyfreddy on Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

eeoo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Why not forward this?

Post by eeoo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:32 pm

I'd be curious to hear but your link's not working.

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ttully » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Yes,
Something is definitely wrong with your Taxi page.

None of the tracks will play.

Tim

Funkyfreddy

Post by Funkyfreddy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:57 pm

Ouch! I'm not sure why and what I can do to fix it.... :(

I have to contact Taxi on Monday and figure out why no one can play my tracks..... Thanks for looking!

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ttully » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:10 am

Maybe you do not have the 'Public' box checked on any of your tracks.

To do this... on each track, click on edit, then check the 'Public box, then save.

Maybe that is the problem....I'm not sure.

Tim

Funkyfreddy

Post by Funkyfreddy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:06 pm

Thanks Tim. I just tried that but all my tracks are set to public so I'm not sure what's going on. I'll have to contact Taxi when I get a bit more time.

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:52 pm

it looks like you have pasted the "my music" link in instead of the "my taxi homepage" link.

this is the address of my taxi homepage: https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... andygabrys

If you go into "my artist info" in your taximusic.com profile you should see an entry at the bottom that says

"My TAXI link: www.taxi.com/" and then a box where your user number is likely filled in.

You can change that member number to "super genius writer" or your name or whatever. And then that will be your "TAXI homepage" address.

You will see that if you copy paste that www.taxi.com/username into a web browser and hit GO that it will instantly be redirected to your TAXImusic.com homepage.

Hope that helps.

SubRivers
Impressive
Impressive

Post by SubRivers » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:24 pm

Here you are - took me 30 seconds to ninja internet it.

https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... rid=239022

And listening - unlikely to make the cut and get a 12000 dollar deal - but I would have forwarded it.

Funkyfreddy

Post by Funkyfreddy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:48 pm

Thank you Andy! I think I fixed it.... knock on wood :)

Thank you SubRivers for your feedback!

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:42 am

Yes - the link fix worked. well done.

Cue is good - but like all good music, not likely right on for the pitch. I think for a $12k listing they are going to be very selective of what they send.

To my ear its the subtle difference between:

Soul - with a funky edge - like the refs - little more of a song and less of a jam, with less of a dark feel.

And

Funk with a sneaking spy edge - like the Oceans films with David Holme's music - which reminds me more of what you have.