We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Muledog
Active
Active

INNOVATIVE COVERS OF CONTEMPORARY POP SONGS with “ORCHESTRAL STRINGS”

Post by Muledog » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to get some feedback on this one before the midnight deadline hits 7/28/19. Thank you in advance for listening and any feedback you might be able to provide!
I've done some updates so as of 7/28/19 11:00 PM MST there is a new link and more current update. The song is Electricity and is at:

http://www.muledog.com/electricity4.html

Thanks for the help!

Thomas

INNOVATIVE COVERS OF CONTEMPORARY POP SONGS with “ORCHESTRAL STRINGS” and Male or Female Vocals are needed by a Music Licensing Company for a Movie Trailer pitch!

They're looking to hear covers of CURRENT Popular Pop Songs. Don’t go too far back, though! We recommend covering Pop Songs that are no more than 4 or 5 years old – keep it current!

NOTE: We purposely avoided putting references in this request, as we felt they could potentially be more misleading or limiting, than helpful. Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs are usually more easily placed, but if you have really strong Ballads, feel free to take a shot!

Here's the current Billboard Pop Chart to get you in the right ballpark: Billboard Pop Chart

Please submit well-crafted recordings that showcase a contemporary, innovative, and creative take on popular Pop Songs. Arrangements can be very simple and somewhat stripped-down, OR they can be lush, full productions with lots of instrumentation. Whichever way you go, please be sure it includes Orchestral Strings!

TAXI Tip: Please make sure any Virtual Instruments or samples you use for Orchestral Instrumentation sound like the real deal! Fool their ears if you're recording "in the box" instruments – or even better – use real instruments if you can! Songs that feature authentic-sounding Violins as the prominent theme might have an advantage for this request!

QUOTING THE CLIENT: "We're looking for exceptionally well-recorded (and mixed) Songs that are full-length."

Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Covers you submit for this pitch aren’t already signed to other catalogs or libraries.

Note: Although there are no performance royalties due to this being a request for cover versions, you’ll get 50% of the master license fee.

You must own or control your master rights to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis by a screener hand-picked by the Company – Short critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Sunday, July 28th, 2019. TAXI #Y190728PC
Last edited by Muledog on Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thomas Leary

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: INNOVATIVE COVERS OF CONTEMPORARY POP SONGS with “ORCHESTRAL STRINGS” (Enough cowbell?)

Post by ttully » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:58 am

Hi Muledog,

Your link does not go to any track......

Tim

Muledog
Active
Active

Re: INNOVATIVE COVERS OF CONTEMPORARY POP SONGS with “ORCHESTRAL STRINGS” (Enough cowbell?)

Post by Muledog » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:22 pm

Hi Tim,

Sorry about that. I was posting updates and got a little mixed up in my links. The latest mix is at:

http://www.muledog.com/electricity4.html

I'd still be interested in a critique since my main goal is improvement. I'll change the link on the first post right now!

Thanks,

Thomas
Thomas Leary

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: INNOVATIVE COVERS OF CONTEMPORARY POP SONGS with “ORCHESTRAL STRINGS”

Post by ttully » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:30 pm

Hi Thomas,

Well... I'm not going to comment on the actual song..(it's actually pretty good)..... but the strings are not realistic enough.
And for this listing...they want REAL strings or they want them to sound REAL.

Just my 2 cents,
Tim

Muledog
Active
Active

Post by Muledog » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:06 pm

Thanks Tim,

I appreciate your input on that. I was worried about the strings at the end but that was the best I could do since I ran out of time spending so much time on the rest of the song. I'm wondering if it would have been better if I cut out the instrumental part at the end since that was the worst sounding strings in the song ......or was the whole song bad as far as the string parts? I thought the rest of the song's strings weren't that bad but maybe my ears/standards need to be adjusted. Anyway I think I can work on this one in case another similar listing shows up and be much more ready than I was this time. Thanks for the help!

Thomas
Thomas Leary

GBall
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by GBall » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:45 pm

FWIW I though the earlier string sounds were workable in themselves, but kind of sparsely used given that the requestor used the word "lush" in the description. I didn't hear the references though.

Regards,
Greg