We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: The Tunnel (trip-hop)

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:15 pm

I think the groove is cool overall.

I would drop the intro as well , right to the meat of the track..mute the vocals...I also thought it was a bit repetitive if you can find a way to change it up, take the listener on more of a journey.

Mark

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Review of "The Tunnel"

Post by johndalenow » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:17 am

Jessiejames1978 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:22 am
Hello there!

I listened to your track and I think it is really creative and cool...those are authentic drums right? Before I read any replies, my first thought was to lose the first 9/10 seconds and hit it right off the bat...and also because they are requesting an instrumental cue I would remove any human voice sounds as that could be the kicker as to why they wouldn't choose the cue and that would be a shame because its a great track. I know how you feel about the cool whisper track and the first 10 seconds though...I write trip hop/trap/hip hop/dubstep/edm and sometimes because these creations feel like one of your children it kinda hurts to take stuff out knowing it sounds artistic and cool, but unfortunately we have to sometimes do that :oops:

I also recently listened to a whole thing on licensing and titleing tracks/cues and they say to make sure the editors can tell something about the track (such as its genre) just by looking at the title. Something like...."trip hop tunnel" but your own twist on it of course! Hope that helps.

I wish you the best and hope you are forwarded for licensing!

Jessica Jenks
Thanks much for your most insightful comments, Jessica. I will re-submit and lose the whisper and first 9 seconds. Best! John

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: The Tunnel (trip-hop)

Post by johndalenow » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:06 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:15 pm
I think the groove is cool overall.

I would drop the intro as well , right to the meat of the track..mute the vocals...I also thought it was a bit repetitive if you can find a way to change it up, take the listener on more of a journey.

Mark
Thank you for taking the time, Mark. Your input in most welcomed and appreciated.

Best!

John