with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Wireless Headphones for Editing On the Go

Post by MBantle » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:35 am

Hi All!
Can anyone recommend a fairly flat response pair of wireless headphones for editing material on the go?
Cheers,
Matt

ochaim
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Wireless Headphones for Editing On the Go

Post by ochaim » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:12 pm

I only mess around with ipad/iphone apps like impcpro but these headphones feel pretty balanced to me. I dont have golden ears, per se, but I can tell when things sound off or too hyped in any frequencies like how Beats headphones are. If anything, the bass might be slightly exaggerated. But if you get your ears tuned to them enough by listening to music on them what feels like exaggeration kinda becomes more detail, if that makes any sense. Hope that helps.

https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundSport- ... B01L7PSJFO

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MBantle » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:08 am

ochaim wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:12 pm
I only mess around with ipad/iphone apps like impcpro but these headphones feel pretty balanced to me. I dont have golden ears, per se, but I can tell when things sound off or too hyped in any frequencies like how Beats headphones are. If anything, the bass might be slightly exaggerated. But if you get your ears tuned to them enough by listening to music on them what feels like exaggeration kinda becomes more detail, if that makes any sense. Hope that helps.

https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundSport- ... B01L7PSJFO
Thanks Owen! I will check them out.
Cheers,
Matt

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Post by mojobone » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:20 am

I would absolutely love to recommend a pair of flat-response headphones, but you may have already guessed that there's no such thing, unless maybe your head is exactly the same size and shape as the designer's or the designer's target head. The closer your head is to average, the better chance your headphones will tell you the truth. You want the truth; we all want/need the truth. Thank the Creator, our monkey brains are adaptable. Given a set of headphones that can reasonably represent most of the frequencies, we can do okay.
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MBantle » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:45 am

mojobone wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:20 am
I would absolutely love to recommend a pair of flat-response headphones, but you may have already guessed that there's no such thing, unless maybe your head is exactly the same size and shape as the designer's or the designer's target head. The closer your head is to average, the better chance your headphones will tell you the truth. You want the truth; we all want/need the truth. Thank the Creator, our monkey brains are adaptable. Given a set of headphones that can reasonably represent most of the frequencies, we can do okay.
Hi Mojobone!
I meant 'flat-response' as in not deliberately hyped. I am using Sennheiser HD650s in the studio.
Hope that makes sense.
Cheers,
Matt

GBall
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by GBall » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:27 pm

FWIW I gave up on wireless. The biggest problem I have is that without taking a good audio interface with you, a fair bit of the bass is lost before you even consider the phones. And if you 're using an interface- I don't know of any that are wireless? I'd be very happy to be told I'm wrong though.

The way that I asked the question for myself was - what headphones are used in most major studios, and I found that to be the the Sony MDR 7506 and Sennheiser HD 280 Pro. Anyway, I tried them both and landed on the HD 280 primarily because if I'm trying to work remote I need sound isolation - that comes at the cost of more clamping force around your head, so I agree with Sony being more comfortable. They're more truthful than any of the more expensive wireless I've tried, but I was limited in price and time.