EPIC ROCK / ROCK HYBRID INSTRUMENTALS Feedback Please

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

kitbenz51
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

EPIC ROCK / ROCK HYBRID INSTRUMENTALS Feedback Please

Post by kitbenz51 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:13 am

I made this track for the listing below. I would love some feedback on the music, mix, arrangement, etc...

Never Surrender

EPIC ROCK / ROCK HYBRID INSTRUMENTALS are needed by an International Music Library with worldwide distribution through Universal!

They’re searching for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals in the general wheelhouse of the following references:

"Bring The Pain" by Brand X Music

"Bury My Soul" by Epic Score

“Cryptic” by Mark Moore

Please submit well-produced, high-energy Rock Instrumentals that take the audience on a dramatic thrill ride. The Client needs material that could be used to "open" and/or "close" TV shows and Films! Be sure the Rock instrumentation you use sounds authentic and is well performed. Your Instrumentals can be hybrids with synth or orchestral elements, as long as you maintain an action-packed vibe and style!

Your submissions should be at least 2 minutes in length. Non-Faded, Buttoned/Stinger endings will work best for this pitch. Please do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Instrumentals you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Masters and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Monday, September 2nd, 2019. TAXI #Y190902RK
Last edited by kitbenz51 on Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

davidira
Active
Active

Re: EPIC ROCK / ROCK HYBRID INSTRUMENTALS Feedback Please

Post by davidira » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:15 am

This rocked!

my 2 cents

@ 1:30 and 2:25 turn down the orchestral part by 2db or so. Was listening to this pretty loud in my car, those sections came on a bit strong.

kitbenz51
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by kitbenz51 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:37 am

davidira wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:15 am
This rocked!

my 2 cents

@ 1:30 and 2:25 turn down the orchestral part by 2db or so. Was listening to this pretty loud in my car, those sections came on a bit strong.

Thanks!!!

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:59 pm

That's what I'm talking about!! Your Rockin' it, Kit!!
Great writing.. I suspect that's exactly what they're looking for!

I would just beef up the drums. These Epic Rock listings call for big drums.. maybe even cinematic drums.
All the examples have big drums and very little drum compression from what I can tell.

Nice job!

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

kitbenz51
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by kitbenz51 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:50 am

DannyWeber wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:59 pm
That's what I'm talking about!! Your Rockin' it, Kit!!
Great writing.. I suspect that's exactly what they're looking for!

I would just beef up the drums. These Epic Rock listings call for big drums.. maybe even cinematic drums.
All the examples have big drums and very little drum compression from what I can tell.

Nice job!

Dan
Thank you! Writing "cinematic" orchestral drums is definitely something I need to work on.

gregorym
Impressive
Impressive

Post by gregorym » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:43 am

Rocking and epic! Sweet!