We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

henryvan4444
Impressive
Impressive

Need feedback-TRIP-HOP INSTRUMENTALS

Post by henryvan4444 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi guys,
I'm thinking of submitting this song for the TAXI #Y190827TR. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! - Henry

https://soundcloud.com/henryvan4444/strange-dreams

++++original request++++
TRIP-HOP INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a very successful Christian Production Company that’s working on multiple Independent Films! This company has just started requesting music from TAXI's members, so this is a great opportunity to get on this person's radar for these films and future projects as well.
Please listen to the following references to get an idea of what could work for this pitch:
“Teardrop” by Massive Attack
"Heaven's Gonna Burn Your Eyes" by Thievery Corporation
"Sour Times" by Portishead
"Overcome" by Tricky
Although the references have vocals, this request is for Instrumentals only.
Please submit full-length Trip-Hop Instrumentals (not Cues) that use atmospheric sounds and slowed Hip-Hop beats to create a laid back mood and vibe. Your submissions should have creative instrumentation and engaging rhythms from beginning to end.
All submissions should be about 2:00 to 4:00 minutes long, give or take. Non-Faded endings will work best. Do not copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for overall feel, texture, and tone. Broadcast quality is needed.
Based on similar requests from other clients, we're guesstimating the sync fee range to be somewhere between $150 - $250, depending on the ultimate placements. The deal points will ultimately be handled on a case-by-case basis between you and the Client. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit to this opportunity. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis – Short critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Tuesday, August 27th, 2019.  TAXI #Y190827TR

arska
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Need feedback-TRIP-HOP INSTRUMENTALS

Post by arska » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:46 pm

This reminds me of the soundtrack from the movie series of Ocean's Eleven etc. I think this track is marvelous in its own genre but at least I can't recognize it as trip hop track. I'd except some sort of laidback drum loop as well.

But I'm not fully in that trip hop genre so someone wiser can comment :)

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:43 pm

My opinion:

This is closer to classic trip-hop than to the more funky organic Oceans 11 / David Holmes style.

Its worth a pitch. Hopefully you will get some critique that helps you fine tune if its not a forward.

henryvan4444
Impressive
Impressive

Post by henryvan4444 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:28 pm

I truly appreciate the feedback. I'm new to this genre so what you all say makes good sense to me. I'll probably pitch it just to get some feedback if it doesn't forward. You don't learn if you don't try right? Thx again everyone!

Donnalyn

Post by Donnalyn » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:50 pm

Hi Henry,

Really nice! The only part I found a bit awkward was the first few seconds. There is a syncopation that, to me, doesn't sound quite intentional. But that is just a minor quibble. On the whole, I think its very engaging!
In Joy,
Donnalyn

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:52 pm

I thought sonically it sounded about right but it was faster than the reference tracks so they feel a bit more laid back to me.

Mark

henryvan4444
Impressive
Impressive

Post by henryvan4444 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:48 pm

Well... if anyone was curious this one got forwarded. Thanks for everyone's input! Best of luck to everyone!