Forward for Christmas song!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Forward for Christmas song!

Post by songmaster » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:46 pm

Hi everyone! I just found out that my song " Hitch A Ride On Santa's Sleigh " got a forward for the listing below. I've got my fingers crossed for this one. If interested, the song is on my Taxi page. I hope Santa's nice this year :lol:

Y190815XM

ORIGINAL CHRISTMAS SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a Film/TV Music Publisher for several (up to) $5,000 placements in a Christmas Special on a Major Cable Network!

Contemporary recordings, recently recorded/Retro-sounding recordings, AND legitimate Vintage recordings are all fair game for this request! They’re simply looking for great Songs in All Tempos that fit the general stylistic ballpark and range of acts and Songs like:

"So This Is Christmas” by Celine Dion

"The First Noel” by Josh Groban ft. Faith Hill

"White Christmas” by Bing Crosby

"Bring Me Love” by John Legend

Songs should be in one of the following genres:

Adult Contemporary
Singer/Songwriter
Operatic
Classical Crossover/Easy Listening
Jazz
Old School, Classic Soul/R&B

Please submit Holiday Songs that will resonate emotionally with listeners getting into the Holiday Spirit! Your production style can vary, but they are mainly interested in hearing songs with more organic instrumentation, NOT Songs that are particularly Pop-driven or trendy-sounding.

Lyric Tip: Lyrics that are about the holiday season will probably work better than religious Songs.

Please do NOT copy the referenced artists in any way, shape, or form. Use them as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Era Appropriate Broadcast Quality is needed.

The estimated license fee for these placements is (up to) $5,000 each, depending on the ultimate use. This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please make sure the Songs you submit aren’t already signed to any other libraries or catalogs. You’ll get 50% of any applicable sync fees, and 100% of the Writer’s share. The Publisher will get 50% of any sync fees and 100% of the Publisher’s share.

IF you are submitting ORIGINAL Songs, you must own or control your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis by a TAXI screener that’s been handpicked by the Publisher – Short critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT) on Thursday, August 15th, 2019. TAXI #Y190815XM

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Forward for Christmas song!

Post by DannyWeber » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:17 pm

songmaster wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:46 pm
"They’re simply looking for great Songs in All Tempos"
You've got that covered my friend!
Great, positive stuff coming from you always, Tom! I love that!! Congratulations, I have my fingers crossed you get the gig too!!

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

sansharbour
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by sansharbour » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:39 pm

Hey Tom

Your tune is endearing and should I say very commercial
Congrats .....Who's singing this

Best
Don

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:56 am

Thanks Dan! Yeah, I keep plugging away and chasing the lightening, it's bound to hit me some time :lol:

Thanks Don! This song has been forwarded 3 times now, so I am hoping it will get a response down the road. I wish I could tell you the singers name, but the production company does not want me to give out that information. I'm not sure why, but I can tell you that it was recorded by Nashville Demo Factory and they have many great singers working for them. Hope that helps. Thanks for your positive comments :)

Tom