Taxi Website - Unable to log in?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

RHicks
Active
Active

Re: Taxi Website - Unable to log in?

Post by RHicks » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:00 am

Looks OK now folks. Worth diving in to check. Many thanks to those who sorted it out

Rob
R Hicks Music
www.rhicksmusic.com
@RHicksMusic

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:46 am

Sorry for the inconvenience, all!

We've been doing BIG upgrades for the behind the scenes website stuff, which included moving the entirety of TAXI.com to Ruby on Rails, and a new server. One of our techs did something over the weekend, and didn't alert us that he was doing additional work. I was off the grid (which is REALLY rare), and upon looking at the Forum last night, discovered this problem.

Should all be good now. If you missed a Sunday night deadline on a listing, try again! We opened all affected listings up until tonight at 11:59pm PDT.

The good news is this taxi.com renovation was the big preparatory step in bringing all of your accounts and music over the TAXI.com from taximusic.com in about 6 weeks. We're upgrading submissions to make them easier, and a whole bunch of other stuff that you'll like :-) We're also upgrading the critique forms, and the A&R team's interface as well. So, hang in there, and expect some hiccups as we make these changes.

we're working hard to avoid them, but on a site as complex as our (backend is), and with thousands of pages that had to be re-done, there are always going to be surprises. We're doing our level best to avoid them, but they will still happen.

Thanks for your patience, and once again, we're sorry for the inconvenience.

best,
Michael

RHicks
Active
Active

Post by RHicks » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:52 am

Many thanks for the update and best of luck on the work ahead. Looking forward to delving deeper.

Rob
R Hicks Music
www.rhicksmusic.com
@RHicksMusic

jaywilliams
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jaywilliams » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:11 pm

Yep I managed not to panic after hustling all weekend to finish up 3 tracks for a Dispatch listing that was due last night.

lol

Glad they extended the deadline!

Jay :)
// keep it groovy and make great music :) - Jay

J.W. Hagarty, Producer
Jay Williams Productions
Spotify: bit.ly/spotifyjay
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:16 am

As a software developer, particularly a web focussed one, I totally understand the efforts one has to make when dealing with such tasks, and hiccups certainly are part of that. Actually, it would be really boring if nothing ever glitched, would it not? :D
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

GBall
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by GBall » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:59 am

Dear Taxi staff,

It seems like the whole team really gets and values customer service. The way you responded to this hiccup being just an example. Speaking just for me, you've earned my trust. :)

BriceD

Post by BriceD » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:43 am

Thanks Michael! I was able to submit my track on Monday without issue. I'm looking forward to the new website upgrades and the Taxi Road Rally!
Best,
Brice
admin wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:46 am
Sorry for the inconvenience, all!

We've been doing BIG upgrades for the behind the scenes website stuff, which included moving the entirety of TAXI.com to Ruby on Rails, and a new server. One of our techs did something over the weekend, and didn't alert us that he was doing additional work. I was off the grid (which is REALLY rare), and upon looking at the Forum last night, discovered this problem.

Should all be good now. If you missed a Sunday night deadline on a listing, try again! We opened all affected listings up until tonight at 11:59pm PDT.

The good news is this taxi.com renovation was the big preparatory step in bringing all of your accounts and music over the TAXI.com from taximusic.com in about 6 weeks. We're upgrading submissions to make them easier, and a whole bunch of other stuff that you'll like :-) We're also upgrading the critique forms, and the A&R team's interface as well. So, hang in there, and expect some hiccups as we make these changes.

we're working hard to avoid them, but on a site as complex as our (backend is), and with thousands of pages that had to be re-done, there are always going to be surprises. We're doing our level best to avoid them, but they will still happen.

Thanks for your patience, and once again, we're sorry for the inconvenience.

best,
Michael