8 Forwards No Call backs OR Placements..Wheres the light?

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 8 Forwards No Call backs OR Placements..Wheres the light?

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:54 pm

KRP wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:04 am
Here's one that I have at least 3 forwards for called ISSA VIBE
https://soundcloud.com/kiarapprincess/k ... -issa-vibe
Sounds really good to me, although it's not my type of music so I'm not an expert but it definitely sounds licensable IMHO.

I think a good path for you could be collabing with some of the more experienced producers here that already have some great contacts , are you going to the Road Rally ?

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:55 pm

ttully wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:31 am
I once had a string of 160 forwards without a call from anyone! (not even my mom) ha!!!
Lol, that would be 3yrs worth at my pace

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by TerrellBurt » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:59 pm

Hey, welcome to TAXI. I'm sorry for your frustrations. It can be very discouraging early on.

This is an important question that I like to ask because it helps me gauge things a bit better. Are you creating music for the listings or are you submitting songs you've done beforehand?

KRP

Post by KRP » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:29 pm

TerrellBurt wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:59 pm
Hey, welcome to TAXI. I'm sorry for your frustrations. It can be very discouraging early on.

This is an important question that I like to ask because it helps me gauge things a bit better. Are you creating music for the listings or are you submitting songs you've done beforehand?
Thanks Terrell!,
All of my latest submissions have been recorded beforehand.

KRP

Post by KRP » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:30 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:54 pm
KRP wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:04 am
Here's one that I have at least 3 forwards for called ISSA VIBE
https://soundcloud.com/kiarapprincess/k ... -issa-vibe
Sounds really good to me, although it's not my type of music so I'm not an expert but it definitely sounds licensable IMHO.

I think a good path for you could be collabing with some of the more experienced producers here that already have some great contacts , are you going to the Road Rally ?
Thanks for the feedback and i do plan to attend , its my first year I kindof want to see what its about but more importantly be able to network with others that may help me along this journey.

KRP

Post by KRP » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:32 pm

ttully wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:31 am
Well....
Just to put you in your place
I once had a string of 160 forwards without a call from anyone! (not even my mom) ha!!!

Now git back to work, (yes I said git)

Tim
lmao yea you got me beat Tim! lol But I'm most definitely motivated by your will to continue. Pressure makes diamonds <3

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by TerrellBurt » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:08 am

KRP wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:29 pm
TerrellBurt wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:59 pm

Thanks Terrell!,
All of my latest submissions have been recorded beforehand.
I got you. Sometimes you can have a great song, but it not get forwarded simply because it's not the right fit for the listing. Try writing to a couple of the listings and see if you have better results.

Shalee
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Shalee » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:51 am

KRP wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:43 pm
Hey Guys,
I'm 6 months into my membership. I have at least 50 submissions and only 8 forwards. I'm trying to stay encouraged but I keep seeing all these wonderful post about people getting forwarded and receiving call backs within days if not a few weeks after being forwarded and I'm just looking around like " Hello, am I the problem in America?" I can admit my first forward I was geeked aka super excited (for the non slang users among us) then the 2nd one came and so on. But No calls, no happy dances, no new exciting conversations to share in regards just me looking at my bank statements like hmmmm.. Should we eat or spend another $5 for a possible lottery ticket at taxi? Excuse me, sometimes my sarcasm overrides my disappointments. I'm in it to win it, just trying to get some encouragement from anyone else who has been through this same path but finally saw some light at the end of the tunnel..SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THERE'S LIGHT AT THE END OF THIS TUNNEL!

Sincerely,

A Frustrated Rap Princess.
Hey! I know how you feel. I'd gotten about a similar amount of forwards over my 9 months with TAXI, but ended up getting a Library deal on about the 15th or so. Sometimes it's about being the right song at the right time. I'd focus on having TAXI as just one avenue, and exploring others simultaneously. Also, if you have a decent sized catalog- you can just submit directly to libraries or try build relationships with libraries and music supervisors on your own. I got a publishing deal from 3 of my tracks that were returns, and the first song they chose to represent was one that got forwarded but I never heard back from.
So there is light, but just remember, this is a long ass game, with a lot of investment upfront for little short term gain, but eventual gain in the long run. Kinda like a house mortgage- you pay a lot of interest up front, but over time it gets easier and pays off. Also, if you focus on all the great things you are doing, instead of sitting around waiting for contacts and placements, it gets you in a much better mindset and makes it lots easier to deal with the crickets ;)
Good luck!
Shalee