Dispatch FWD: 1980s-Sounding TV SHOW INSTRUMENTALS

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jaywilliams
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Dispatch FWD: 1980s-Sounding TV SHOW INSTRUMENTALS

Post by jaywilliams » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:21 pm

hey folks, I'm very pleased to report our first Forward of a Collaborative track.

This is a listing I pursued with Noell R from Royal*KnightsOfTheMeowTable* - we sent in three for this listing and one of them got through!

Track is called "Baker Street" - you can easily find it near the top of my Taxi hosting page here:

https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?userid=90790

Jay :)

Here is the listing description:

A RANGE OF 1980s-Sounding TV SHOW INSTRUMENTALS is needed by a successful, EXCLUSIVE Music Library for Film, TV, and Commercial placements.
They’re on a very specific hunt for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals that have the general style and vibe of the following references:
Miami Vice Theme Song
Jackpot Theme Song
The Facts of Life Theme Song
Growing Pains Theme Song
Although some of the references have vocals, please submit instrumentals only for this pitch.
Please send well-composed Instrumentals that sound like they came right out of the '80s TV era. Your submissions should have era-appropriate instrumentation and should bring listeners back to the classic sounds and styles heard on Daytime TV, Nighttime TV, and Game Shows during that time period.
NOTE: Recently recorded Instrumentals with a retro sound or authentic, old vintage master recordings from the 1980s will both work for this request.
Your submissions should be about 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will probably be best. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Genre-appropriate Broadcast Quality is needed.
This Library offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so the material you submit for this pitch CANNOT be signed with any other publishers or catalogs. Sync fees will be split 50/50. The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis – Short Critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Sunday, August 25th, 2019. TAXI Dispatch #D190825TV
// keep it groovy and make great music :) - Jay

J.W. Hagarty, Producer
Jay Williams Productions
Spotify: bit.ly/spotifyjay
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Dispatch FWD: 1980s-Sounding TV SHOW INSTRUMENTALS

Post by DannyWeber » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:39 pm

Congratulations to both of you!!

Now I feel like digging out my Members Only jacket and watch a Molly Ringwald movie.

Nice job, Jay!

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

Ted
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Ted » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:04 pm

Jay, congrats on the forward! I like the track. I've been in an 80's mood lately and I love hearing stuff like this.

brunosantanna
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by brunosantanna » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:38 pm

jaywilliams wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:21 pm
hey folks, I'm very pleased to report our first Forward of a Collaborative track.

This is a listing I pursued with Noell R from Royal*KnightsOfTheMeowTable* - we sent in three for this listing and one of them got through!

Track is called "Baker Street" - you can easily find it near the top of my Taxi hosting page here:

https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?userid=90790

Here is the listing description:

A RANGE OF 1980s-Sounding TV SHOW INSTRUMENTALS is needed by a successful, EXCLUSIVE Music Library for Film, TV, and Commercial placements.
They’re on a very specific hunt for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals that have the general style and vibe of the following references:
Miami Vice Theme Song
Jackpot Theme Song
The Facts of Life Theme Song
Growing Pains Theme Song
Although some of the references have vocals, please submit instrumentals only for this pitch.
Please send well-composed Instrumentals that sound like they came right out of the '80s TV era. Your submissions should have era-appropriate instrumentation and should bring listeners back to the classic sounds and styles heard on Daytime TV, Nighttime TV, and Game Shows during that time period.
NOTE: Recently recorded Instrumentals with a retro sound or authentic, old vintage master recordings from the 1980s will both work for this request.
Your submissions should be about 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will probably be best. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Genre-appropriate Broadcast Quality is needed.
This Library offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so the material you submit for this pitch CANNOT be signed with any other publishers or catalogs. Sync fees will be split 50/50. The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis – Short Critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Sunday, August 25th, 2019. TAXI Dispatch #D190825TV
Congrats, man! I felt in the 80s!

jaywilliams
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jaywilliams » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:17 pm

brunosantanna wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:38 pm
Congrats, man! I felt in the 80s!
DannyWeber wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:39 pm
Congratulations to both of you!!
Now I feel like digging out my Members Only jacket and watch a Molly Ringwald movie.
Nice job, Jay!
Dan
Ted wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:04 pm
Jay, congrats on the forward! I like the track. I've been in an 80's mood lately and I love hearing stuff like this.
Danny, Bruno, Ted, thanks for checking out the track and for your kind words.

All due respect to Noell for bringing in the goods, I think we ended up with 3 Licensable tracks, just need to find the right slot for our other 2 tracks (Valley Hills and Investigative Theme) (both are on my Taxi page if you're curious)

Have a great weekend you guys, and keep writing!

J.W. Hagarty, Producer
Jay Williams Productions

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:48 am

Congrats Jay! Sounds like you hit it right on the money for this listing.I hope it finds a good home :) Nice job!

Tom

gregorym
Impressive
Impressive

Post by gregorym » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:09 am

Congrats Jay and Noell! Awesome work!

henryvan4444
Impressive
Impressive

Post by henryvan4444 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:32 pm

Totally Tubular!!! :D Congrats!

nojanath

Post by nojanath » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:14 pm

Cool track Jay. Congrats on the forward!

jaywilliams
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jaywilliams » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:30 pm

nojanath wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:14 pm
Cool track Jay. Congrats on the forward!
songmaster wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:48 am
Congrats Jay! Sounds like you hit it right on the money for this listing.I hope it finds a good home :) Nice job!

Tom
gregorym wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:09 am
Congrats Jay and Noell! Awesome work!
henryvan4444 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:32 pm
Totally Tubular!!! :D Congrats!
Thanks fellas for the kind words and support!

We threw a few more tracks at this listing but couldn't get any more past the screeners.

Oh well, nice to have a small collection of 80s synth-pop tracks never know when they will come in handy.

And who knows, we may yet get a deal from that Forward.

Hope you guys are having a great week!

J.W. Hagarty, Producer
Jay Williams Productions