Looking for info on Soundcloud

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TheRealPatrickAdams
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Looking for info on Soundcloud

Post by TheRealPatrickAdams » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:12 am

Can I get people's perspective and thoughts on what I need to look at about starting a Soundcloud site? I'd like to know the pros and cons, the ins and outs of it. Is this what a majority of folks are using to showcase your music? Are there advantages to the different levels of the site? Do you give anything up by signing up?

Complete newbie to Soundcloud, so all help appreciated!

Thanks!
Patrick Adams
Singer/ songwriter in the country tradition. Storyteller and musician working to connect the human race through love and song.
Email: padams_77@yahoo.com
Email: twangquest@gmail.com
Twitter: @PatrickAdams307
www.taxi.com/members/PatrickAdams307
Instagram:@patrickadams307

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Looking for info on Soundcloud

Post by ResonantTone » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:36 am

Hey Patrick,

Here's the quick rundown. You can get a free account with very little effort and time. It's great for showcasing music and sending streaming links to libraries that don't like to have attached mp3s in an email. The downsides to a free account is that you get a limited number of minutes worth of free hosting. I'm up to about 70 tracks at the moment, and I think I'm about 2/3's of the way used up my free space. (obviously you'd get less songs in there if they were 3-4 minutes each vs my 1:30-2min average) Just checked... the free acount is 3hr's worth of upload space.

Paid accounts get some benefits such as 6 hours for the first tier (which is $6 a month I believe), and unlimited for the next tier (which is $12 a month). You also get some extra bonuses like analytics, the option to monetize (which I would HIGHLY recommend against, given you will probably be signing stuff exclusively), as well as a few other little things.

Overall, the free account is hard to beat and it's great for sharing stuff with peers, as well as streaming links to libraries.

Hope that helps! :)

Andrew

TheRealPatrickAdams
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Looking for info on Soundcloud

Post by TheRealPatrickAdams » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:45 pm

Hey thanks!

Got caught up w work from the weekend and I'm going to check more into it. Thanks again!
Patrick Adams
Singer/ songwriter in the country tradition. Storyteller and musician working to connect the human race through love and song.
Email: padams_77@yahoo.com
Email: twangquest@gmail.com
Twitter: @PatrickAdams307
www.taxi.com/members/PatrickAdams307
Instagram:@patrickadams307