We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

henryvan4444
Impressive
Impressive

Need fresh ears - Deep House

Post by henryvan4444 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:25 am

Hi Guys,
Appreciate some fresh ears on this Deep House track. Any and all suggestions are welcome! (for TAXI #Y190829DH)

https://soundcloud.com/henryvan4444/grateful-heart

++++++++++++++
DEEP HOUSE INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a great Music Library with international distribution and lots of success in Film and TV placements.
They’re looking for a bunch of current-sounding, Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals that would fit well on a playlist with the following references:

“Sweet Dreams (Pascal Junior Remix)” by Andra & Mara

“Sorry” by Joel Corry

Although the references have vocals, this request is for Instrumentals only!
Please send them well-crafted Instrumentals in the vibe and style of the references above. Make sure your pieces include captivating drum rhythms, cool synths, and have a polished sound. Your virtual instruments and samples must sound current, not dated, and of high quality!
TAXI Tip: Your submissions can have some simple, minimal, non-lyrical Vocal elements, but they're not necessary to land this – just a suggestion!
All submissions should be about 2-4 minutes long (give or take) with Non-Faded endings. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.
This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis – No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Thursday, August 29th, 2019.  TAXI #Y190829DH

gregorym
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Need fresh ears - Deep House

Post by gregorym » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:00 pm

I'm not really familiar with newer genres of the last 10 or 20 years. Deep House sounds cool. Your track sounds amazing. Sorry I can't be more helpful. How do you go about making a track in the style of Deep House? Great work!

Ted
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Ted » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:39 pm

I'm not very experienced with this genre either, but I dig this track a lot. Very nice work!

SteveBaruah
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by SteveBaruah » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:47 am

Hi Henry,

I like what you have, but it seems to be missing A LOT of bottom end. Needs load more bass.
Pump it up!!

Cheers,
Steve

sermusicusa
Active
Active

Post by sermusicusa » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:32 am

I agree that it needs more Bass on the low end in the mix.

I like the piano a lot. I think the marimba gives it more of a tropical feel though - not saying that's a bad thing, just you might be blending a couple styles here.
Interesting use of the effects and filters.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:46 am

Firstly the kick doesn't sound like it's hitting on every beat 1-2-3-4 ..it sounds like only the 1 & 3

Secondly whtever you have used to sidechain feels like it's over the whole mix rather than just certain elements

I think the actual music is good, just a production issue

henryvan4444
Impressive
Impressive

Post by henryvan4444 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:12 pm

Well as a conclusion to this submission....it forwarded! Thx again for everyone's input! On to the next one! 8-)