FORWARDED-CINEMATIC 1980s-Style ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTALS

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

henryvan4444
Impressive
Impressive

FORWARDED-CINEMATIC 1980s-Style ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTALS

Post by henryvan4444 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:41 pm

Got this one pass the gatekeepers! :)

https://soundcloud.com/henryvan4444/darkness-is-coming

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Y190823EC
CINEMATIC 1980s-Style ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a globally successful Music Licensing Firm with a great track record of placements in Films, TV shows, and Commercials.

They’re eagerly chasing Instrumentals in All Tempos that would fall in the general range of the following references:

Stranger Things Theme Song

Le Matos - Summer Of 84 Soundtrack

The Thing Theme

Escape From New York Theme

Please submit Electronic Instrumentals that have a well-defined 1980s sound, style, and influence. Your submissions should have pulsing, driving beats that give some forward momentum and have some dark and mysterious elements. Analog-sounding synths with a steady Electronic beat could be a great starting point as long as they have that ‘80s appeal going for them.

TAXI Tip: Your submissions can be actual vintage masters recorded in the 1980s, or they can be recently recorded Instrumentals that are inspired by that era. If you’re going to be composing something for this request, using current-sounding synths or drum machines probably won't work well for this, so bust out those 1980's throwbacks (anybody have a DX-7 collecting dust?) if you really want to add some authenticity to your track!

All submissions should be about 2-4 minutes long, give or take. Non-Faded endings were not specifically requested, but are always a good idea when pitching to a Music Licensing company. Do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Era-Appropriate Broadcast Quality is needed. In other words, the recording shouldn’t sound too modern or slick.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis – No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Friday, August 23rd, 2019. TAXI #Y190823EC

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Re: FORWARDED-CINEMATIC 1980s-Style ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTALS

Post by MBantle » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:51 pm

Congratulations! Very nice tune.
Cheers,
Matt

nojanath

Post by nojanath » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:17 pm

Cool tune. The drums sound great. Congrats!

JT

Ted
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Ted » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:24 pm

Henry, congrats on this forward and on the others you've gotten recently. Your track was one of my favorites of the many good tracks I've heard for this listing on Peer to Peer. I second what the previous commenter said about your excellent drum sound. You've been doing great with the forwards-- Keep it up man!

I just got a forward for this same listing myself (I might post it at some point). I submitted a few tracks and one got a forward. Very positive comments from the screeners on the returned tracks as well. I think they got a very high number of quality submissions for this listing and maybe had to keep the bar pretty high to keep the number of forwards reasonable.

JoeCurran
Active
Active

Post by JoeCurran » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:30 pm

Hi

Congrats on the forward and a cool tune , got a forward (my first forward actually) for this listing also so feeling a bit buzzed. Is the guitar part around the minute mark midi or organic ?, the reason I ask is midi keyboards etc are all a bit new to me and having a guitar based background I struggle to find a sound in vst`s etc I like but the sound you got on the track although not dominant stood out to me and sounded really cool.

Best of luck with the forward.

Joe

henryvan4444
Impressive
Impressive

Post by henryvan4444 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:32 pm

Thanks guys! Best of luck to you as well!!!

henryvan4444
Impressive
Impressive

Post by henryvan4444 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:47 pm

Joe,
All my electric guitars are virtual....if memory serves I used a guitar by the company "OrangeTree" called Evolution Rock (or something like that). It's compatible with Native Instruments and Kontact Player. I'm a keyboardist and classical/flamenco guitar player so I make due with that background to compose, record, etc.....afraid I'm not much of an electric gtr player! Hope that helps. :)