Forward for Cinematic 80s Instrumentals!!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

NativeEast

Forward for Cinematic 80s Instrumentals!!

Post by NativeEast » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:11 pm

Crazy story behind this Stranger Things inspired track. I actually completely lost this track the night before due to an Ableton crash and corrupt backup data. 7 hours of work on an almost complete track and not one Cmd+S!!! Ughh! After spending the next morning working (the day of the deadline) with Ableton support to attempt a recovery of my data, which was unsuccessful, I decided to just start it again from scratch! I was able to remember most of what I did and got it done in less than 5 hours. And I think it sounds better than my original! I was mixing/mastering up until the last hour and literally submitted MINUTES before the deadline.

Anyway here it is for a listen https://soundcloud.com/native-east/mind ... ls/s-V2iJf

CINEMATIC 1980s-Style ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a globally successful Music Licensing Firm with a great track record of placements in Films, TV shows, and Commercials.

They’re eagerly chasing Instrumentals in All Tempos that would fall in the general range of the following references:

Stranger Things Theme Song

Le Matos - Summer Of 84 Soundtrack

The Thing Theme

Escape From New York Theme

Please submit Electronic Instrumentals that have a well-defined 1980s sound, style, and influence. Your submissions should have pulsing, driving beats that give some forward momentum and have some dark and mysterious elements. Analog-sounding synths with a steady Electronic beat could be a great starting point as long as they have that ‘80s appeal going for them.

TAXI Tip: Your submissions can be actual vintage masters recorded in the 1980s, or they can be recently recorded Instrumentals that are inspired by that era. If you’re going to be composing something for this request, using current-sounding synths or drum machines probably won't work well for this, so bust out those 1980's throwbacks (anybody have a DX-7 collecting dust?) if you really want to add some authenticity to your track!

All submissions should be about 2-4 minutes long, give or take. Non-Faded endings were not specifically requested, but are always a good idea when pitching to a Music Licensing company. Do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Era-Appropriate Broadcast Quality is needed. In other words, the recording shouldn’t sound too modern or slick.
Native East
Website

jdkotaska
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Forward for Cinematic 80s Instrumentals!!

Post by jdkotaska » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:57 am

Nice! It makes me yearn for the next season of Stranger Things. 8-)

Ted
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Ted » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:00 pm

Congrats on the forward! Really good track-- sounds like a real nightmare losing the track and having to redo it--but you pulled it off. There are a couple of really cool chords in there. Great overall sound.

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MBantle » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:21 am

NativeEast wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:11 pm
Crazy story behind this Stranger Things inspired track. I actually completely lost this track the night before due to an Ableton crash and corrupt backup data. 7 hours of work on an almost complete track and not one Cmd+S!!! Ughh! After spending the next morning working (the day of the deadline) with Ableton support to attempt a recovery of my data, which was unsuccessful, I decided to just start it again from scratch! I was able to remember most of what I did and got it done in less than 5 hours. And I think it sounds better than my original! I was mixing/mastering up until the last hour and literally submitted MINUTES before the deadline.

Anyway here it is for a listen https://soundcloud.com/native-east/mind ... ls/s-V2iJf

CINEMATIC 1980s-Style ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a globally successful Music Licensing Firm with a great track record of placements in Films, TV shows, and Commercials.

They’re eagerly chasing Instrumentals in All Tempos that would fall in the general range of the following references:

Stranger Things Theme Song

Le Matos - Summer Of 84 Soundtrack

The Thing Theme

Escape From New York Theme

Please submit Electronic Instrumentals that have a well-defined 1980s sound, style, and influence. Your submissions should have pulsing, driving beats that give some forward momentum and have some dark and mysterious elements. Analog-sounding synths with a steady Electronic beat could be a great starting point as long as they have that ‘80s appeal going for them.

TAXI Tip: Your submissions can be actual vintage masters recorded in the 1980s, or they can be recently recorded Instrumentals that are inspired by that era. If you’re going to be composing something for this request, using current-sounding synths or drum machines probably won't work well for this, so bust out those 1980's throwbacks (anybody have a DX-7 collecting dust?) if you really want to add some authenticity to your track!

All submissions should be about 2-4 minutes long, give or take. Non-Faded endings were not specifically requested, but are always a good idea when pitching to a Music Licensing company. Do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Era-Appropriate Broadcast Quality is needed. In other words, the recording shouldn’t sound too modern or slick.
Congratulations!
Cheers,
Matt

henryvan4444
Impressive
Impressive

Post by henryvan4444 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:21 am

LOL, just reading about your ordeal made me anxious!!! Glad it worked out. The instrumental sounds great...congrats!!

MonThom

Post by MonThom » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:00 pm

Great work on the track..sounds very nice. That's also a very inspiring story.

Looks like your persistence did you well on this one. I applaud you.

Good luck to you as well.