Enough Layers?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Donnalyn

Enough Layers?

Post by Donnalyn » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi All,

I'm working on a cue to submit for the Positive Instrumental Cue listing, and I'm wondering if it has enough Layers. You can hear it at https://soundcloud.com/user-383299111/for-all-time (The listing is below my signoff for your reference. )

Do you think I've put enough layers in the last third of the cue? Also, if you have any thoughts on whether it's in the right ballpark for this listing, please let me know. I submitted three cues last time they ran this listing, and was pretty sure at least one of my cues was in the ballpark, but they said none were. So I've listened more closely to the reference tracks, and have tried harder to make a cue that fits in this time.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give me!

In Joy,
Donnalyn

Here's the listing:

POSITIVE INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed for TV COMMERCIALS by a High-End Music Library with countless credits in Feature Films, TV Shows, and Commercials.

NOTE: We recently ran this request as a TAXI Listing (TAXI #Y190810PN), but the company didn’t get enough material and asked us to re-run this request to see if we could find even more. If you submitted to TAXI #Y190810PN, please submit different material this time around!

They’re looking for Instrumental Cues in All Tempos that would fall within the stylistic wheelhouse of the references we got from our client:

Positive Ad-Friendly Examples (Dropbox playlist)

Please submit well-composed Instrumental Cues that have an "advertising-friendly” sound and vibe. Your production should be driven by organic-based instrumentation and should have some development as it progresses.

The key elements that make this Music Library happy are:

• Cues should have a Positive mood (it can be “warm” and/or “motivational”, but ALWAYS positive.)

• Cues MUST have good edit points.

• Cues must be Library ‘friendly’ (i.e.: a clear theme right from the start. Proper mood and pacing.)

• Instrumental Cues can have an ABAB structure but certainly don't need to (check out the referenced examples). Prominent leads/solos are not needed. The theme/motif should be found more in the arrangement/chord progressions (again, listen to the examples).

• High quality in composition, tone, and performance is all required.

All submissions should be approximately 2 minutes long. Non-Faded, Buttoned endings are preferred. Broadcast Quality is needed.
In Joy,
Donnalyn

jdkotaska
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Enough Layers?

Post by jdkotaska » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:16 pm

Hi Donnalyn,

I think your track is good, but you seem to have missed this part: "Your production should be driven by organic-based instrumentation." I feel like an acoustic guitar throughout could satisfy that requirement and fill out the track nicely. Sounds good, though. Keep it up!

Donnalyn

Re: Enough Layers?

Post by Donnalyn » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:48 pm

Hi Dean,

Thanks for the reminder! I guess I had forgotten that part. I'll go back and change up the instrumentation.

Thanks, again!
In Joy,
Donnalyn