Do background vocals disqualify an instrumental submission???

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

henryvan4444
Impressive
Impressive

Do background vocals disqualify an instrumental submission???

Post by henryvan4444 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Hi guys,
I wrote this instrumental for the Latin Pop request; TAXI #Y190917LP. For those with some experience getting forwards/returns....do you think the background vocals I use on this track are going to cause a "return" since its an instrumental request? The intent was to add color with the Vocals....but not sure if I took it too far?? Thx!

https://soundcloud.com/henryvan4444/dale-ritmo-am-108
++++++

Update: Thx again for the input! So to play it safer I'll submit this version without the female vocal chops. Instead I layered in a rhythmic synth to keep the feeling of moving forward....

https://soundcloud.com/henryvan4444/dal ... ocal-chops

++++++++++++++
LATIN POP INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a successful Music Licensing Company that focuses primarily on Latin Music. They have had tons of placements in Commercials, TV Shows, and Feature Films!
NOTE: This hard-working company just started asking for music from TAXI’s members. It’s very unlikely that you’ve got music in their catalog, so this is an awesome opportunity to get in on the ground floor and build a relationship with this company!
They’re looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals that fit stylistically with the following references

“Loco Contigo” by DJ Snake, J. Balvin, Tyga

“Yo x Ti, Tu x Mi” by ROSALÍA, Ozuna

“Pega Pega” by Tito "El Bambino”

Although these references have vocals, this request is for Instrumentals only!
Please submit well-composed Latin Pop Instrumentals in the ballpark of the references above. Contemporary Pop elements with some melodically and rhythmically appealing Latin-flavored instrumentation should help get you in the wheelhouse for this request.
Your submissions should be about 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-Faded, Button/Stinger endings will work best for this pitch. Do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Broadcast Quality is needed.
The specific deal points will be handled on a case-by-case basis. If you’re inclined to do an Exclusive deal, please don’t submit material for this pitch that’s already signed with other libraries or publishers. You must own or control your Master and Composition to submit to this opportunity. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be reviewed on a Yes/No basis by a TAXI Screener – Short critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Tuesday, September 17th, 2019. TAXI #Y190917LP
Last edited by henryvan4444 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

gregorym
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Do background vocals disqualify an instrumental submission???

Post by gregorym » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:08 am

The listing does say "instrumentals only." Some listings don't say that, and I hear other members putting light "oh's and ah's" My quess is that you ask Matt H. at taxi. He'll probably say to take them out, but you could always submit two: one with vocal, one without. :)

The track sounds great by the way.

Have a good day!

SteveAlton
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by SteveAlton » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:58 pm

Just delete them....

I would write this as a full tune meanwhile....

Nice work

henryvan4444
Impressive
Impressive

Post by henryvan4444 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:10 am

This one was "returned" today. Oh well...you live...you learn ;) Here's the screener's feedback in case its helpful for anyone. Best of luck to everyone!

Really nice, but this is more traditional in it's approach vs the contemporary latin pop references they gave like https://youtu.be/2j3x0VYnehg
I wouldn't really change anything, love the organic elements, I'd just save it for a different type of pitch