Request re: Episode sound

Hang with your friends from the TAXI TV Chat Room and discuss the episodes

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

GBall
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Request re: Episode sound

Post by GBall » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:21 pm

On episodes where you are giving critiques/examples, it sounds like we're hearing the sounds through an MP3 player or something that is playing in the room and being picked up by your host mics. Not sure how you'e producing it, but definitely not the same quality as listening to a normal song on YouTube. I think we would get a lot of extra value of hearing the cues somehow more directly/digitally. At the moment IMO its hard to hear the actual production quality to go with your comments on it... Just suggesting.

Greg
Last edited by GBall on Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Re: Request re: Episode sound

Post by andygabrys » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:24 am

Agreed......

I think technically its been hard to find a way to cut the actual songs in digitally to get the best of both worlds. ML has talked about it a lot over the years on TAXI TV.

GBall
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Request re: Episode sound

Post by GBall » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:46 pm

andygabrys wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:24 am
Agreed......

I think technically its been hard to find a way to cut the actual songs in digitally to get the best of both worlds. ML has talked about it a lot over the years on TAXI TV.
Got it ... I've watched the technology get a lot better the past year or so - have they checked out OBS recently? It's been enhanced quite a lot. I like some others better but OBS is free. :) Here is a guy showing how to connect OBS to YouTube for live streaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtJHX7O3p5U

IMO the real magic is not in that video, but what the presenter almost touches on in having several sources going into OBS - IE having a music player, media file(s) or web page if they want to use their normal taxi back end - mixed in nicely with the web cam. Also does split screen etc.... Think I remember Michael mentioning something about wanting to do a split screen... Anyway, besides the sound quality, who doesn't want to see what Michael would do with it? I'm thinking a big purple dragon comes down and eats the cues that drone on too long without a proper ending. Or Brea (spelling!?) gets her revenge...

Greg