Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

EPERRY

Re: My 1st Rally w/ Questions

Post by EPERRY » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:04 am

kyliecouper wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:15 pm
EPERRY wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:44 pm

I didn't know that there'll be a registration line, I'll be sure to get there early then! Great idea on using Soundcloud, I was just concerned that someone may steal my music if I put it online even though all my music is copyrighted. Great tips, thanks....Also any recommendations for companys online that make business cards? I've never used business cards before.
I used moo.com for my business cards because they're a bit different. They stand out and they're fun.
But you can get business cards anywhere. Just search "business cards" on google and you will find eleventy billion different places to get them!
Go with whichever one suits your budget and printing/delivery timeframe.

As for people stealing your music from Soundcloud, well that is a tiny possibility, BUT if you don't have your music out in the world, no-one will ever hear it!
Thanks, I'll look into that

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:52 pm

Bringing CDs is fine. Having it online somewhere is a good idea IMO but not strictly necessary.
Keep in mind that having music on-line is pretty much a requirement to be in this game. A&R people will almost always ask for a link to your music.

A business card with a link to your music is probably more important than CDs for the rally now. (But yes, bring CDs as well! 8-) ).

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:36 pm

RE: AirBnB

The Hotel is close to the airport but not right next door. There are a few somewhat sketchy areas around the hotel.

There are other hotels down the street from the Westin that other members have stayed at before and walked in.

If there are AirBnB options I don't think they would be much cheaper than the Westin - staying in Hollywood for example for another conference the prices were less (about 2/3 of the Westin), but then again the AirBnB option was directly across the street from the conference hotel.

There is enough networking going on that staying at the hotel is totally worth it. At least the first time.

EPERRY

Post by EPERRY » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:21 pm

Casey H wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:52 pm
Bringing CDs is fine. Having it online somewhere is a good idea IMO but not strictly necessary.
Keep in mind that having music on-line is pretty much a requirement to be in this game. A&R people will almost always ask for a link to your music.

A business card with a link to your music is probably more important than CDs for the rally now. (But yes, bring CDs as well! 8-) ).
Thanks, I created a soundcloud a few days ago!

EPERRY

Post by EPERRY » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:04 pm

andygabrys wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:36 pm

The Hotel is close to the airport but not right next door. There are a few somewhat sketchy areas around the hotel.

There are other hotels down the street from the Westin that other members have stayed at before and walked in.

If there are AirBnB options I don't think they would be much cheaper than the Westin - staying in Hollywood for example for another conference the prices were less (about 2/3 of the Westin), but then again the AirBnB option was directly across the street from the conference hotel.

There is enough networking going on that staying at the hotel is totally worth it. At least the first time.
Thank You. I found an AirBnB 8 mins from the hotel with great reviews. Wish me luck!

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:18 pm

EPERRY wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:04 pm
andygabrys wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:36 pm

Thank You. I found an AirBnB 8 mins from the hotel with great reviews. Wish me luck!
Good luck!!!