time with mentors

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Bedford

time with mentors

Post by Bedford » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:58 pm

How much time do we get with our mentor?Will they listen to our songs and give feedback?
I'm guessing we only get one mentor,face to face,right.Is there one mentor you all might recommend for new-ish song writers?
This is my first year in Taxi and first road rally.Any advise is much appreciated.Thanks...........Bedford

jaywilliams
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: time with mentors

Post by jaywilliams » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:18 pm

Bedford wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:58 pm
How much time do we get with our mentor?Will they listen to our songs and give feedback?
I'm guessing we only get one mentor,face to face,right.Is there one mentor you all might recommend for new-ish song writers?
This is my first year in Taxi and first road rally.Any advise is much appreciated.Thanks...........Bedford
hi Bedford -

Good for you for asking in advance, smart move!

The mentor meeting is a strictly timed 15 minutes.

That includes "hello" and "goodbye" and getting settled in your seat, and that's assuming the previous person didn't run over and eat into your time.

I would anticipate sharing at most 2 tracks with your mentor.

Have them saved To Your Phone and Ready to Go.

Do that NOW. Do Not Depend on the conference Internet.

If you have that sorted out, that should give you enough time for pleasantries and get a little bit of feedback on your work.

In regards to which mentor to choose, try reading through their bios and descriptions.

If none pop out at you, or if they are fully booked by the time you get to the table, don't worry, just ask the Taxi staff member at the desk. They are super helpful and will be glad to help you connect with just the right person.

Have fun, hope to see you there!

Jay :)
// keep it groovy and make great music :) - Jay

J.W. Hagarty, Producer
Jay Williams Productions
Spotify: bit.ly/spotifyjay
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions