Kay Jewelers Commercial Pitch

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

SteveAlton
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Kay Jewelers Commercial Pitch

Post by SteveAlton » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:24 pm

I built this pitch around my song "First Love, Last Love". And no it's NOT in the listings to submit here, but I felt the urge to create this...So I took the liberty of making a Kay Jewelers Commercial to present to them built around my tune. Kay Jewelers new Ad Agency is Zimmermans Advertising. They changed Companies after like 20-30 years, so they want new direction, so I wanted to strike while the iron is hot. I spoke with one gal there who said to send it, but 3 weeks later she still has not opened my emails (3). And they never answer their phone.

I guess I pigeon-holed myself on this one, but I feel this is the avenue for this tune, Kay Jewelers. The Commercial is Kays specific. I wanted you guys to see it & maybe someone can give me some ideas how to get it seen. If you have any ideas how to get this to them other than flying to Florida from Los Angeles, I am all ears. Cause they need to see this

CLICK BELOW

https://youtu.be/bUm7zf_bSt8

SteveAlton
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Kay Jewelers Commercial Pitch

Post by SteveAlton » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:50 am

Thoughts anyone???

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ResonantTone » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:10 pm

Hey Steve,

I’d say the song is decent, but I’m not so sure your approach is the best way to get your song used. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn’t bank to hard on getting that specific song in a Kay Jewelers spot unless you really had connections in place.

Probably better to just keep writing and submitting to taxi listings, since your songs will immediately be held in higher regard and hold some form of credentials when received by the music supervisors... There is a pretty good chance they don’t want to wade through all the endless requests from people pitching songs directly.

Andrew

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Sounds like exactly what I would expect from a Jewellery Ad.....circa 1995... that's the vibe I get from it. I don't know Kay's as a brand but if they just hired a bunch of new creatives I would imagine they want to update their image.

So you made this on spec ? Without a brief or direction from the Ad Agency...or any connections to the creative team?

It's your call but that's not how music licensing works. Unsolicited material isn't what they want.

Mark