FUTURE BASS INSTRUMENTAL CUE

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

michal
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

FUTURE BASS INSTRUMENTAL CUE

Post by michal » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:12 pm

Hi guys, I wrote a future bass instrumental cue to the listing #Y191120FB. I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Thank you! :)

https://soundcloud.com/michalsinka/week ... es/s-luFKX

FUTURE BASS INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a boutique Music Library that gets tons of placements in TV Shows!

They want Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references:

“Castaway” by Grant ft. Jessi Mason

“Phone Numbers (Moz Remix)” by Dominic Fike

“When The Lights Go Down” by DJ Snake

Although the references have vocals, this request is for Instrumental Cues only.

Please send them Future Bass Instrumental Cues that have a fresh, modern sound. Your submissions should be rhythmically and melodically engaging, and use current-sounding production techniques to create awesome builds and drops!

Your Cues should stick to a central motif from beginning to end while adding and subtracting layers of additional instrumentation as they progress to keep them from sounding too repetitive or linear.

TAXI Tip: Please be sure your virtual instruments and samples sound current, not dated, and are of high quality!

Your submissions should be about 2 minutes in length, give or take. Non-Faded, Button/Stinger endings will work best for this pitch. Do NOT copy the referenced acts or Songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.
Michal Sinka
Guitarist | Producer
----------------
www.michalsinka.com
www.linkedin.com/in/michalsinka

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: FUTURE BASS INSTRUMENTAL CUE

Post by ResonantTone » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:53 pm

Hey Michal,

Some great ideas and execution in there for sure. I would rework the beginning however. It sounds pretty anemic to start. Grabbing attention right away seems to go a long way for this kind of stuff. You're also giving like a quick preview of whats to come when you do something nice and full right off the bat to grab the listeners attention.

I'd also work on the mix and mastering a little bit. Some mix balance issues popped up as I listened through, as well as the entire track not feeling loud or present enough for the genre.

Hope that helps some! Keep at it!

Andrew

michal
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by michal » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:22 am

Thank you, Andrew! Great idea about the beginning. There's still some time left before the submission deadline, so I'm going to work on it some more. :)

Also thanks for the feedback on the mix. Wasn't quite sure about it either. Very much appreciated!

Michal
Michal Sinka
Guitarist | Producer
----------------
www.michalsinka.com

jimbaker

Post by jimbaker » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:28 am

michal wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:12 pm
Hi guys, I wrote a future bass instrumental cue to the listing #Y191120FB. I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Thank you! :)

https://soundcloud.com/michalsinka/week ... es/s-luFKX

FUTURE BASS INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a boutique Music Library that gets tons of placements in TV Shows!

They want Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references:

“Castaway” by Grant ft. Jessi Mason

“Phone Numbers (Moz Remix)” by Dominic Fike

“When The Lights Go Down” by DJ Snake

Although the references have vocals, this request is for Instrumental Cues only.

Please send them Future Bass Instrumental Cues that have a fresh, modern sound. Your submissions should be rhythmically and melodically engaging, and use current-sounding production techniques to check awesome builds and drops!

Your Cues should stick to a central motif from beginning to end while adding and subtracting layers of additional instrumentation as they progress to keep them from sounding too repetitive or linear.

TAXI Tip: Please be sure your virtual instruments and samples sound current, not dated, and are of high quality!

Your submissions should be about 2 minutes in length, give or take. Non-Faded, Button/Stinger endings will work best for this pitch. Do NOT copy the referenced acts or Songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.
I know it's an old thread but I've found this mix just yet. Sounds absolutely amazing! Are you working on anything right now?
Last edited by jimbaker on Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

michal
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by michal » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:20 am

Thank you, Jim, very much appreciated!! This track was my first Taxi forward, even though I have never heard back from the library (yet).

I've been working on a lot of investigative tension tracks lately. What do you specialize in?
Michal Sinka
Guitarist | Producer
----------------
www.michalsinka.com