with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Dedicated Midi Controller for CC / Orchestral

Post by MBantle » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:43 pm

Dear All,
Can one of you recommend a decent Midi Controller with faders for CCs? I see a lot of them out there (Sweetwater etc.) but was wondering what you guys use! I am not looking for anything that comes with keys. Just standalone faders (as shown in many of the 'walkthrough videos' for well-known libraries) that can sit on my desk and supplement my midi keyboard which does not have faders.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Cheers,
Matt

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Dedicated Midi Controller for CC / Orchestral

Post by hummingbird » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:38 pm

I just purchased a Korg nanoKontrol2 seemed reasonably priced and I've seen others recommend it. I am just setting up my new audio computer then I should be able to assign CC to levers and knobs ;)
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

jdkotaska
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jdkotaska » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:42 pm

I'd be interested in this, too. I have the same issue and I picked up the Korg nanoKONTROL2, but I can't assign anything to the faders for some reason. I thought I saw a post somewhere on these forums that this particular product is incompatible with the new Apple update to Catalina, but I can't find it now. I'm hoping that future updates will fix this problem. If you are using Catalina, you may want to avoid the Korg nanoKONTROL2, at least for now.

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:13 pm

I use the good old Behringer BCF2000 in my studio, and the nanoKontrol 2 on the road
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MBantle » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:39 pm

hummingbird wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:38 pm
I just purchased a Korg nanoKontrol2 seemed reasonably priced and I've seen others recommend it. I am just setting up my new audio computer then I should be able to assign CC to levers and knobs ;)
Thanks! I actually pulled the trigger today as I really need one urgently. It seems the Nano and the Akai MidiMix are considered the best ones within that price range. I decided to test the Akai first (money back guarantee) and ordered that one today because some of the Youtube reviews said the Akai editor software was better and I would prefer to define the parameters in a separate 'app' instead of using 'midi learn' which I understand is less reliable in terms of consistency. I will keep you posted.
Cheers,
Matt

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MBantle » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:12 am

The Akai arrived today and it was really easy to set it up. I also like the faders - they have just the right amount of resistance for my taste. So I think I can recommend the unit and the price is more than acceptable.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Matt