Question regarding TAXI #S200117CL

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

LamarPecorino
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Question regarding TAXI #S200117CL

Post by LamarPecorino » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:17 am

Am I correct that they are looking for well-known classical themes/melodies set in contemporary music settings i.e. EDM, Hip Hop, etc.

INSTRUMENTAL COVERS of WELL-KNOWN CLASSICAL PIECES are needed by a successful Los Angeles-based Production Music Library!

They’re looking for Instrumental Covers in All Tempos in the stylistic range of the references they gave us below:

"Moonlight Sonata" by Beethoven

"Russian Dance from Nutcracker Suite" by Tchaikovsky

"Clair de Lune" by Debussy

"Canon in D" by Pachelbel

Please submit Instrumental Covers of well-known Classical pieces that are well-played from start to finish. Solo instrumentals, small ensembles, or full Orchestral renditions are all fair game for this request!

Please stick to the original melodies so that your Covers are familiar to listeners. Be sure your performances have solid musicianship and a great sense of articulation, emotion, and tonality. When using virtual plugins, please make sure they sound like the real deal! Anything stiff or MIDI-driven (or overly quantized) won’t work for this request.

Your submissions should be between 1-2 minutes in length. Non-faded endings will work best. Broadcast quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. You must own or control 100% of your Master. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by a TAXI Screener who was personally selected by the Company requesting material. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Friday, January 17th, 2020. TAXI #S200117CL
Onward and upward!
Lamar

“We set sail on this new sea because there is new knowledge to be gained" JFK

cassmcentee
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Question regarding TAXI #S200117CL

Post by cassmcentee » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:14 pm

LamarPecorino wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:17 am
Solo instrumentals, small ensembles, or full Orchestral renditions are all fair game for this request!
Seems to be spelled out...
Robert "Cass" McEntee
"Making music on a spinning ball of Magma"
https://soundcloud.com/robert-cass-mcentee
https://www.taxi.com/members/DosPalmasRecordings

LamarPecorino
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by LamarPecorino » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:35 pm

CTWF wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:38 am
LamarPecorino wrote:
Am I correct that they are looking for well-known classical themes/melodies set in contemporary music settings i.e. EDM, Hip Hop, etc.
I think they want classic. Let's see what others think.

Tom

Thanks, Tom!
Onward and upward!
Lamar

LamarPecorino
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by LamarPecorino » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:36 pm

cassmcentee wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:14 pm
LamarPecorino wrote:
Solo instrumentals, small ensembles, or full Orchestral renditions are all fair game for this request!
Seems to be spelled out...
You are probably right, Cass. Just wishful thinking on my part.
Onward and upward!
Lamar

sermusicusa
Active
Active

Post by sermusicusa » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:00 pm

1-2 minutes of a classical piece. The composers of these pieces are rolling over in their graves if they heard that people just wanted to hear 1-2 minutes of their piece of music.
As someone who has played piano for over 30 years I can say that it is very difficult for me to just give you 2 minutes of a piece of music and then just end the piece in the middle of. The piece should be played as a whole. While in some pieces there are 'themes' that are famous, those 'well known' parts of the piece are not 1-2 minutes in length. I found this listing weird. Why not allow us to play the entire piece? Would be easier and make more sense.