Composing Feat "1917"

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Susanstunes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Composing Feat "1917"

Post by Susanstunes » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:09 am

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share this. Last night we went to see the film "1917". It was wonderful, gripping, visually inspirational, thrilling, heart-breaking, and I could go on.....

I think the MUSIC has to be one of the best scoring to picture done in a long time. I confess I don't see everything that comes out, but..... this had so many different styles of music- electronic, pulsing, grand orchestral, intimate, and other amazing stuff, which keeps you completely in the action all the way.
Some of the themes were just so good, so stirring. And, it was pretty much a non-stop thread through the entire movie. Thomas Newman is an AMAZING writer. Inspiring. Period.

Must see. Must hear!

Susan
www.susanhillmanmusic.com
www.soundcloud.com/susanhillman
www.instagram.com/susanhillmanmusic

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Composing Feat "1917"

Post by MBantle » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:13 pm

Susanstunes wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:09 am
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share this. Last night we went to see the film "1917". It was wonderful, gripping, visually inspirational, thrilling, heart-breaking, and I could go on.....

I think the MUSIC has to be one of the best scoring to picture done in a long time. I confess I don't see everything that comes out, but..... this had so many different styles of music- electronic, pulsing, grand orchestral, intimate, and other amazing stuff, which keeps you completely in the action all the way.
Some of the themes were just so good, so stirring. And, it was pretty much a non-stop thread through the entire movie. Thomas Newman is an AMAZING writer. Inspiring. Period.

Must see. Must hear!

Susan
www.susanhillmanmusic.com
www.soundcloud.com/susanhillman
www.instagram.com/susanhillmanmusic
Thanks Susan!
Cheers,
Matt