Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Biker Rock Cues

Post by DannyWeber » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:14 pm

Again,
Great TV show Cue, Tom!
You should write more like this and follow the same principals you followed in this one!
Good luck with it!
Dan

P.S. Straight-up Rock Cues like this with distorted guitars are hard to make dramatically dynamic (by nature).

Just my opinion but you have done a great job here in making this Cue interesting to the listener.
My advice.. build your catalog and get even better at writing more Cues like this one!

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

OldTom
Active
Active

Post by OldTom » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:51 pm

Thanks again to all of you!
It’s amazing how much you can gain from comments and critiques from your “peers “
Eeoo’s comments on the breaks made me listen with different ears, and also gave me more insight on picking up as much as you can from the reference material.
Dan, your comments made me think “yea, I’m at least close, so kick out some more of these” :D
Great advice, and my mom doesn’t listen to my music much anymore so I don’t mind any “that-a-boy’s” :D
Cheers!
Tom

trevorsewell

Post by trevorsewell » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:23 pm

Hi Tom

Sounds great - nice guitar sound! I think you could maybe have kept a hi hat or something going through the stop bits just to keep the flow going.
Great job tho

Trev

OldTom
Active
Active

Post by OldTom » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:33 pm

Thanks Trev,
Good Idea. I tend to throw too much in my tracks so I think I may have subconsciously been a little gun shy with the drums.
Thanks for listening.
Tom