A Bit Disappointed.

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

michael11
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

A Bit Disappointed.

Post by michael11 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:07 am

I live in the UK and I got a letter from Taxi today.On the front of the envelope was written in red,FINAL NOTICEthen in smaller letters,Your Taxi Membership Ends TodayNow I have two problems with this,I don't want letters with FINAL NOTICE landing on my doormat and giving me a heart attack LOL before I know what they are and secondly my membership runs out on January 9th.So TAXI in todays credit crunch environment a little more sensitivity in your marketing strategy please.
All's Well That Ends Well

www.michaelgaughan.rocks

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: A Bit Disappointed.

Post by marcblack30 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:16 am

-- Marc Blackwell

anne
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by anne » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:15 am

Sensitivity is a good thing. Sorry to hear about this. Probably best to email them and tell them directly so that they know.

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by marcblack30 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:28 am

Michael,the smiley's were to represent that i can understand how scary and disappointed that it would be to receive a FINAL NOTICE letter, and a relief to find out it was just your TAXI membership renewal notice and not a notice that you were losing your house or something. that's what i was trying to convey with the smileys.poor choice of emoticons on my part, didn't mean to offend you.peace
-- Marc Blackwell

louis2012
Impressive
Impressive

Post by louis2012 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:58 am

I'd be annoyed about that too. Is Taxi turning into some kind nightmare corporation? becuase I was just reading the latest newsletter and see that new members get a free dvd when they sign up: "Achieving Success with Your Music: Hard-Hitting Tips on Marketing, A&R, Record Labels and Increasing the Income You Make with Music."So where's our dvd? or at least an online version to watch. This stinks of those introductory offers that so many companies give to new members to get them to sign up, but the existing members (who funded the company so far) are ignored. There's a lovely English phrase I like to use in these situations. "what a load of Bollocks!"

michael11
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by michael11 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:33 am

Dec 16, 2008, 12:28pm, marcblack30 wrote:Michael,the smiley's were to represent that i can understand how scary and disappointed that it would be to receive a FINAL NOTICE letter, and a relief to find out it was just your TAXI membership renewal notice and not a notice that you were losing your house or something. that's what i was trying to convey with the smileys.poor choice of emoticons on my part, didn't mean to offend you.peaceThanks Marc,I appreciate your reply.Michael.

www.michaelgaughan.rocks

michael11
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by michael11 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:34 am

Dec 16, 2008, 12:15pm, anne wrote:Sensitivity is a good thing. Sorry to hear about this. Probably best to email them and tell them directly so that they know.Thanks Anne,I have just emailed them.Michael.

www.michaelgaughan.rocks

michael11
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by michael11 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:41 am

Dec 16, 2008, 1:58pm, louis2012 wrote:I'd be annoyed about that too. Is Taxi turning into some kind nightmare corporation? becuase I was just reading the latest newsletter and see that new members get a free dvd when they sign up: "Achieving Success with Your Music: Hard-Hitting Tips on Marketing, A&R, Record Labels and Increasing the Income You Make with Music."So where's our dvd? or at least an online version to watch. This stinks of those introductory offers that so many companies give to new members to get them to sign up, but the existing members (who funded the company so far) are ignored. There's a lovely English phrase I like to use in these situations. "what a load of Bollocks!"You make a very good point Louis.Bollocks it is!!!In the current economic climate,companies should consolidate.Look after existing clients.In the light of what's happened it is highly unlikely I will renew.

www.michaelgaughan.rocks

louis2012
Impressive
Impressive

Post by louis2012 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:57 am

Michael, I would say stick with Taxi if its working for you and don't let these little irritations get to you. After all, we're here to get our music in the right hands. How long have you been with Taxi and have you had any good results with it?

weapon
Impressive
Impressive

Post by weapon » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:41 am

OK here comes some tough lovin'. You pay Taxi to be a representative to screen you're music and present them for possible oppotunities within the industry not to educate you on how everything works. That's whats books and reading are for, they give you a free convention every year to establish and make great connections and move your career forward. So stop whining, pay your dues, and do your frikkin job.