6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon/TAXI

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon/TAXI

Post by JohnnyP » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:14 am

I'm sure someone has already referenced "6 degrees of Kevin Bacon" regarding Taxi and the music industry but I just had a week of up-close proof!

1) Monday-My first song signed (to this particular library) to a well known TAXI panelist and library owner who is very meticulous and detail oriented. (co-written with the extremely talented Chase P). I've been trying to get one through to this library since I played him a song at my first Road Rally in 2015.

2) Tuesday- Played a song (co-written w Chase P) for a well know, highly regarded library owner. He liked it enough to suggest it needed to go straight to a Music supervisor/Publisher as an artist cut. This was my first stab at mixing/mastering my own production. Introduction was made w a very high-profile publisher and song was sent on Saturday. Fingers crossed..

3) Thursday- The same publisher/library that got me a vocal placement on "The Rookie" last fall let me know that one of my Indie rock songs was pitched for 2 different bar scenes in the new Top Gun movie! It's a long shot but....

4) Friday- my second song signed by that awesome library owner mentioned above! Also co-written w Chase

5) Also Friday 3 for 3 on forwards to an advertising listing. Fingers crossed!

The common denominator is not only TAXI but the ROAD RALLY! Every one of these accomplishments was related to information I learned, or contacts I made at the 5 Road Rally's I've attended. It's a tight industry and one connection leads to many more. Thank you Michael Laskow and the entire Taxi family! Wherever you live, consider attending the next ROAD RALLY!

BTW I'd like to post the songs that we're signed but I'm not at liberty to do so. The 3 that we're forwarded are on the "forwards" forum. Best, John
Last edited by JohnnyP on Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon/TAXI

Post by ResonantTone » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:04 am

Whoa! Way to go, John!

I've seen the same sort of thing happen on my end... nothing, nothing, nothing.. then BAM it all comes at ya at once.

Way to stick it out and make it happen. And TOP GUN?? That would be some serious bragging rights!

Congrats and keep up the great work! :)

Andrew

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by JohnnyP » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:16 am

Thanks Andrew!
And great interview you did recently for Taxi! You’re certainly racking up the placements, but you haven’t forgotten the other important parts of life. Kudos my friend.

Yeah if Top Gun came through I think I’d have to shout it from the top of the Hollywood sign!😄

Best of luck to you! John
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:40 am

Hey John, Congrats and I am not surprised at all. Your songs are top notch.

Tom

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by JohnnyP » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:25 pm

Thank you Tom. Your songs are too! So well written and produced. Take care, John
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

Susanstunes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Susanstunes » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:45 pm

JohnnyP wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:14 am
I'm sure someone has already referenced "6 degrees of Kevin Bacon" regarding Taxi and the music industry but I just had a week of up-close proof!

1) Monday-My first song signed to a well known TAXI panelist and library owner who is very meticulous and detail oriented. (co-written with the extremely talented Chase P). I've been trying to get one through to this library since I played him a song at my first Road Rally in 2015.

2) Tuesday- Played a song (co-written w Chase P) for a well know, highly regarded library owner. He liked it enough to suggest it needed to go straight to a Music supervisor/Publisher as an artist cut. This was my first stab at mixing/mastering my own production. Introduction was made w a very high-profile publisher and song was sent on Saturday. Fingers crossed..

3) Thursday- The same publisher/library that got me a vocal placement on "The Rookie" last fall let me know that one of my Indie rock songs was pitched for 2 different bar scenes in the new Top Gun movie! It's a long shot but....

4) Friday- my second song signed by that awesome library owner mentioned above! Also co-written w Chase

5) Also Friday 3 for 3 on forwards to an advertising listing. Fingers crossed!

The common denominator is not only TAXI but the ROAD RALLY! Every one of these accomplishments was related to information I learned, or contacts I made at the 5 Road Rally's I've attended. It's a tight industry and one connection leads to many more. Thank you Michael Laskow and the entire Taxi family! Wherever you live, consider attending the next ROAD RALLY!

BTW I'd like to post the songs that we're signed but I'm not at liberty to do so. The 3 that we're forwarded are on the "forwards" forum. Best, John
Wow, what an exciting post. I can't wait to find out what happens! Susan

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by JohnnyP » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:54 pm

Thanks Susan and I can't wait either! Best of luck to you. John
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com