A Bit Disappointed.

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

wta
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: A Bit Disappointed.

Post by wta » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:31 pm

Come on Casey do me too!
Music is like oxygen, you can live without it but not for very long...
http://www.withcriminalintent.com
http://www.williamthomasanderson.com

michael11
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by michael11 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:14 pm

Dec 17, 2008, 12:02pm, weapon wrote:It was an encumbent post also referencing the remark about the DVD.What does that mean?
All's Well That Ends Well

www.michaelgaughan.rocks

devin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by devin » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:25 am

Hey, stop picking on us bassplayers you guys!(or, I swear, I'm not helping the drummer carry the kit through the kitchen entrance any more )
Earplugs may be required for anyone over the age of cool.

benjamine
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by benjamine » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:42 am

Dec 17, 2008, 7:41am, weapon wrote:OK here comes some tough lovin'. You pay Taxi to be a representative to screen you're music and present them for possible oppotunities within the industry not to educate you on how everything works. That's whats books and reading are for, they give you a free convention every year to establish and make great connections and move your career forward. So stop whining, pay your dues, and do your frikkin job.HAIR we go again!!!!!!

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:10 am

Dec 17, 2008, 4:11pm, claire wrote:I was born and raised in New York. We're often blunt and to the point, so you can imagine how much fun I have in Nashville, Tennessee where everyone has to talk to you about the weather and their mama and the dog and the Titans and all you wanted to do was get your groceries and get out of Kroger, for heaven sake but you can never let 'em see that you're ready to run screaming out into the night...That said, New Yorkers are actually very warm, caring people. We really do know our neighbors and we really do talk to people, contrary to popular stereotypes. Claireoriginally of Brooklyn, New YorkYeah, but Southerners have their flaws too. We were born and bred to be overly polite, (even though we don't practice that all the time) but if you piss us off, we'll shoot ya. Southerners can be clannish and closed off to anything they perceive as different from their way of life. And yeah, they are talkers....like you, I just wanna get my groceries and leave the store with nothing more than a 'see you later.'I always have trouble when I visit Boston (my husband is from Boston, you can imagine the cultural shift, hehe)....those peeps there will say, 'just be direct.' But that's a part of who we are down here....we've learned to sugar coat our words....but listen hard enough, and you'll hear our disapproval.For instance, I always say that a Southerner can say anything remotely disparaging about a person as long as they end the offending sentence with the phrase, 'bless their heart.'With all my politeness, (or lack of sometimes) I've actually pissed some of my fellow Southerners off because even I tend to be more direct....my Bostonian husband has had that effect on me after all these years.I've come a long way after all these years....from saying, "may I use your restroom" to 'where's the crapper?"I for one, like those "Yankees"....I married one. I find them to be friendly and warm as well....I just think it depends upon the people you meet....there are unfriendly Southerners down here too....despite the stereotypes of Southerners all being warm and hospitable.BTW, I owe folks PMs...but I've been so pressed for time lately...I'll answer them ASAP.

ggalen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ggalen » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:13 am

weapon said: "I just don't believe in pulling punches anymore, this world would be better off if everyone wasn't so PC and just said what was on their minds."I disagree completely with that, weapon. Everyone I have ever run into who lived that way was pretty much a jerk. At least two of them were booted from the Taxi forums in the past year, as I recall.It won't help you get along with people. And getting along is pretty much the name of the game. Especially in the music business.I think Louis was NOT "whining". He's a Taxi customer and deserves an adult hearing. Which I am certain Michael would give him.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:16 am

Dec 17, 2008, 8:00pm, hurowitz wrote:Dec 17, 2008, 7:53pm, weapon wrote:I'm plenty charming, I just don't believe in pulling punches anymore, this world would be better off if everyone wasn't so PC and just said what was on their minds.OK, I think you're ugly, Jon... and Kelly dresses you funny. LOL.

benjamine
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by benjamine » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:16 am

Mr Weapon.s social skills are like his guitar playing.Ham fisted.!!!

ggalen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ggalen » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:38 am

See, weapon? Your world is getting better already, eh?

wta
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by wta » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:50 am

I think this subject is an important one considering the light of recent events. I feel convicted by my good conscience to always be "real" when I'm communicating with people. The challenge is to keep "my" reality in check and make every effort not to offend the person or people I'm communicating with. I read in a very old book once to "Be at peace with all people" and I've struggled to hold that line but I believe that the line is a good one and I have to believe that its possible. I think for the most part this forum is in the ballpark for striving for this kinda mark but I have to agree that anyone who makes a conscious effort to belittle, insult or offend another person has no place here or anywhere I want to be an active member. Isn't life too short? It's to darn easy to offend WITHOUT trying, why turn up the heart? ;-) wta
Music is like oxygen, you can live without it but not for very long...
http://www.withcriminalintent.com
http://www.williamthomasanderson.com