Very Few Full Critiques, Mostly Y/N Listings

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jessecarrigan
Impressive
Impressive

Very Few Full Critiques, Mostly Y/N Listings

Post by jessecarrigan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:06 pm

It's been a while since I've seen a full critique listing and it's kind of a bummer. The critique was one of the things I appreciated most about Taxi back in the day and I miss it now that it's (mostly) gone. I remember how helpful those were for me when I was starting out and I could get a sense of specifically what I had done that worked or didn't.

I'm pretty sure it's because the timelines are getting tighter, clients want more and more music, and Taxi has to keep them happy to keep them coming back and paying the bills (which I support wholeheartedly). I just notice that now I'd like a better idea of what was right or wrong with a submission and the feedback is basically a sentence or two if I'm lucky, which is much harder to parse into action. Thankfully we have the peer-to-peer forum, and that depends on all of us continuing to listen to each other's stuff and providing feedback.

ScreamieBirds
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Very Few Full Critiques, Mostly Y/N Listings

Post by ScreamieBirds » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:30 am

I’ve noticed the same thing and the full critiques convinced me to join Taxi instead of renewing NSAI (at least, I wouldn’t miss out on those super detailed NSAI critiques). Right away, those seemed to disappear - at least with the listings I was interested in. And then I realized you have to pay $5 per submission when NSAI gives you 12 freebies with your membership. Just sayin...
Screamie Birds Studios
http://www.screamiebirds.com