Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

subinthompson
Impressive
Impressive

Review - Listing # S200229SN

Post by subinthompson » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of submitting the pieces that I created for the below listing.
https://soundcloud.com/subinthompson/ri ... ds/s-zJJRz
https://soundcloud.com/subinthompson/re ... me/s-Qg6p4

POSITIVE INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed for TV COMMERCIALS by a High-End Music Library with countless credits in Feature Films, TV Shows, and Commercials.

NOTE: We recently ran this request as TAXI Listing #Y191212FR. The client LOVED what we sent them, but they didn’t get enough material, so they asked us to run this request again to see if we could find them even more. If you submitted to #Y191212FR, please submit different material this time around!

They’re looking for Instrumental Cues in All Tempos that would fall within the stylistic wheelhouse of the references we got from our client:

Positive Ad-Friendly Examples (Dropbox playlist)

Please submit well-composed Instrumental Cues that have an "advertisement-friendly” sound and vibe. Your productions should be driven by organic-based instrumentation and should have some development as they progress.

The key elements that make this Music Library happy are:

Cues can have a Positive mood (they can be “warm” and/or “motivational”, but ALWAYS positive).
Cues MUST have good edit points.
Cues must be Library "friendly" (i.e. - a clear theme right from the start. Proper mood and pacing).
Instrumental Cues can have an ABAB structure, but certainly don't need to (check out the referenced examples).
Prominent leads/solos are not needed. Each theme/motif should be found more in the arrangement/chord progressions (again, listen to the examples).
High-quality compositions, tones, and performances are all required.
All submissions should be approximately 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-Faded, Buttoned endings are preferred. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company is only interested in signing material from composers who have worked with music libraries and music licensing companies in the past, and understand how those deals work. If you don't understand the drill on library deals, they politely ask that you don't submit to this request.

This Music Library offers an EXCLUSIVE deal with a cool twist. You’ll keep 50% of all gross income generated by your music, plus you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share income generated by your PRO. In other words, if the company licenses your music under a blanket deal, you’ll get income. If they license it for a YouTube video, you’ll get income. Not all music libraries pay you for things like that! The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share.

Because this is an Exclusive deal, the music you submit for this pitch cannot already be signed with other Libraries or Publishers. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Composition rights. Please send as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Saturday, February 29th, 2020. TAXI # S200229SN

Also, I hope I am alright in sending the same music to two similar listings.

Thanks,
Subin

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Review - Listing # S200229SN

Post by ttully » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:08 pm

Hi Subin,

If you put this under the Peer to Peer section... you will probably get some replies.

Tim

subinthompson
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Review - Listing # S200229SN

Post by subinthompson » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:20 am

ttully wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:08 pm
Hi Subin,

If you put this under the Peer to Peer section... you will probably get some replies.

Tim
Thanks Tim,

I did post it in the Peer to Peer section earlier, but with no luck. I might do that again.
I am new to taxi, and still navigating. Thanks for your help :)

Subin