Another copyright question

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

elser
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Another copyright question

Post by elser » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:17 pm

I was recently contacted through Craigslist by a library in New York who likes what I sent them but is insisting that I register copyrights before I send in material. In my experience with companies I signed with Taxi the publisher always has taken care of that. Does this sound suspicious or amateurish?

Thanks
Jon

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Another copyright question

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:01 pm

I don't think most of us would bother if they are instrumental cues, ML said as much in a recent Taxi TV..not worth the time / money

I've never had a Library ask me to register any copyrights. Unlike the US, here in the UK there isn't any official copyright registration mechanism anyway so it's a bit of a moot point for us here.

Just one Library I know of actually ask you to register the cues with your PRO yourself. All the others I know do that for you as well.

Mark

elser
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Another copyright question

Post by elser » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:42 am

Thanks guys, yeah my understanding has always been it's a waste of time to register copyrights, at least for librarians anyways. This lady was just very adamant and telling me how long she's been in this business blah blah blah, kinda had me fooled. There are greener pastures.