S200317NA New Age Instrumentals

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

S200317NA New Age Instrumentals

Post by AlanHall » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:37 am

How often does a listing for this kind of music come up?
TIA for your comments.

Instrumental
[NEW LISTING]

"RELAXING" NEW AGE COMPOSERS are needed by an eclectic Independent Record Label for their next series of NEW AGE INSTRUMENTAL compilations. If the material is really strong, the Label might want to sign you as an Artist as well!

Please listen to the references below to get an idea of what might get this really cool Record Label interested:

Best Meditation Background Music

“Our Future” by Peder B. Helland

“Remedios” by William Ackerman

Give them top-notch, New Age Compositions that could be used to relax and inspire! Your arrangements can be based on organic or electronic instruments, or you can submit hybrids that use both! Think of the type of music that could be used by listeners for yoga, massage, and meditation to bring about a relaxing state of ecstasy!

NOTE: If you plan to use sampled/virtual versions of "organic" Instruments (guitars, pianos, etc.), please be sure that they sound like the real thing! Anything that’s obviously synthetic or MIDI-driven won’t work for this pitch.

We recommend submitting THREE Instrumentals per submission, so they can see if you’ve got depth in your material. Not a requirement – just a good idea!

Your productions and recording quality must be clean, clear, well-balanced, and good enough to represent your Instrumentals well. You’d be wise to highlight any touring/live show experience, fanbase, or impressive sales/streaming figures you may have. If you’re a new artist or band and don’t have much of a story or track record yet, but you do have an amazing sound and the Instrumentals to back it up, they’d still like to hear you!

Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD, with photos and bio. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis – No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Tuesday, March 17th, 2020. TAXI # S200317NA

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: S200317NA New Age Instrumentals

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:55 pm

AlanHall wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:37 am
How often does a listing for this kind of music come up?
Every once in a while, I don't recall seeing it on a regular basis

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:39 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:55 pm
Every once in a while, I don't recall seeing it on a regular basis
Good to know.

wen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by wen » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:22 pm

Anyone want to collab on these? Harp and ...?

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:20 pm

wen wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:22 pm
Anyone want to collab on these? Harp and ...?
I have to say, the Ackerman guitar/violin (reference) piece took my breath away. A collaboration like that would be stunning!

Horacemix
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Horacemix » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:01 pm

Hi!
In 2018 (my first-year membership) a listing for meditation music came in. I sent one track and got forwarded. But never got news from that one.
Now, my question is: how long a new age track should be? In the references, we have from around 5 up to 8:30, but for instance, Enya and Vangelis have New Age music that is 3 or 4 minutes long. The listing doesn't specify any length so I'd like to know if sending a song that is 3 minutes instead of 8 minutes could work...

Thanks for your opinions!

Kind Regards!
Observation is the raw material for creation...
https://soundcloud.com/horacemix

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:33 am

Right now I'm shooting for the 5 minute and longer mark. If I find there's too much dead space, I can tighten it up later.
That said, I'm constantly going back to the ref tracks to hear just how much structural variation there is. For the synth-based tracks, not much. Just lots of pads, as I hear it.

TimHarrison
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by TimHarrison » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:41 pm

Yes, track length is a major concern for me too. If my tracks are long then is my developmental arc slower? I have posted a couple of longish ones and one short one. My short one wouldn't stand being any longer as it would become tedious so have had to take a gamble on this. Also, no indication as to what sort of deal may be offered re exclusive or non exclusive.

tresero
Impressive
Impressive

Post by tresero » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:41 pm

TimHarrison wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:41 pm
Yes, track length is a major concern for me too. If my tracks are long then is my developmental arc slower? I have posted a couple of longish ones and one short one. My short one wouldn't stand being any longer as it would become tedious so have had to take a gamble on this. Also, no indication as to what sort of deal may be offered re exclusive or non exclusive.
I think the genre is very open. If you tend to think in verses and choruses you may miss the mark. It's more about ambiance, but I could be totally wrong :)

I submitted 2 tracks (sorry for the offsite link, I still can't figure out an easy way to reference the songs on here).

https://hearthis.at/jongriffin/warm-spring-day/

https://hearthis.at/jongriffin/celestial-awakening/