Copy/Paste Reviews

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Shalee
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Copy/Paste Reviews

Post by Shalee » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:08 pm

I understand that we are in stressful times and what not, but it's been a very disheartening morning to get 4 returns from 2 different listings, with 2 different screeners, to find that all of the returns are copy pastes and offer ZERO actual useful information.

I'm not even kidding, every category was a copy/paste. The "what I like", "what could be improved" and "why I returned it" were all identical, apart from maybe 5 words or so. And these are on songs with different vocal performances, different structures, different producers. Both sets of 2 were nothing alike, and yet somehow they have identical issues? The irony is that on one listing both the first 2 categories answers were "I like this, it's great" "no improvements".

If this was one screener, I'd be like yeah, whatever, but considering its come from 2 different screeners at exactly the same time.... and considering I just got flooded with all of my listings that I've done over the span of 5 weeks in the span of 5 minutes, something odd is going on.

Again, I get that it's a turbulent time for everyone, but we do pay quite a large amount for this service when you include the $300 fee per year, and $5 per entry, especially those who can't just spend thousands to fly over for the rally every year to utilise that yearly fee.

Is anyone else noticing this pattern in their feedback too, or is it just me?

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Copy/Paste Reviews

Post by superkons » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:47 am

I have not been experiencing that, but wow, that is quite irritating.

Was that the first time happening?
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

Shalee
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Shalee » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:53 am

superkons wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:47 am

I've had it happen on occasion in the old review system, where a screener has had a particular bent when looking for something. Like this one screener where all they could focus on in the songs was the various synth timbres and nothing else so every return said something different about synths (not that the listing had any mention of synths or their requirement might I add), or a specific screener that is extremely "hook" orientated constantly regardless of listing, song purpose or genre (so if your song doesn't just have one sentence hook in the chorus repeating they won't like it regardless of the listing) but it's never been this blatant and noticeable and not happened in the new criteria for me before.

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:13 am

Shalee wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:53 am
superkons wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:47 am

I've had it happen on occasion in the old review system, where a screener has had a particular bent when looking for something. Like this one screener where all they could focus on in the songs was the various synth timbres and nothing else so every return said something different about synths (not that the listing had any mention of synths or their requirement might I add), or a specific screener that is extremely "hook" orientated constantly regardless of listing, song purpose or genre (so if your song doesn't just have one sentence hook in the chorus repeating they won't like it regardless of the listing) but it's never been this blatant and noticeable and not happened in the new criteria for me before.
Mmm, the fact that such a thing has happened in the past a few times already gives a bit of a feeling of concern. And your latest experience amplifies said feeling. We just have to hope it is an isolated case, this time.

Have you mentioned this to the head screener?
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

cassmcentee
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cassmcentee » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:38 pm

Keep in mind that if the listing you submitted to was a popular one, multitude of submissions, the screener could be very well swamped with music and he/she has a deadline for reviewing them as well. In that case I wouldn't blame them for Copy/Paste.
What feedback did you get from the Forum on these tunes?
Robert "Cass" McEntee
"Making music on a spinning ball of Magma"
https://soundcloud.com/robert-cass-mcentee
https://www.taxi.com/members/DosPalmasRecordings

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:50 pm

We don't allow copy and paste. It's a fatal mistake for screeners. I need to see the examples. Similar, ok. Identical, not OK!! Please send the critiques to Tom@taxi.com, so we can look into this.

thx,
Michael

Shalee
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Shalee » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:00 pm

Thanks Michael, Tom's in touch and I'll have a chat to him about it.