Ozone 9

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

GBall
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Ozone 9

Post by GBall » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:37 am

Still don't like the Ozone sound (at least with my limited skills anyway) but I did miss the Tonal Balance Control.

If anyone is the same... I wanted Barricade 4 from Tone Busters, and got all there stuff as demo in the bundle, ignored the EQ for long time as I have another or three that I was comfortable with. Fired the TB EQ up one day, clicked on one of the profile options and WHAAT!!!! A Tonal Balance control! Or pretty near enough - a trace of signal, and a profile to reference/match. BTW TB Barricade 4 is a find to me.

Cliffkeller

Post by Cliffkeller » Fri May 01, 2020 9:21 am

Hi, I haven't switched to Ozone 9 yet. I have been reading about some stability issues with current version of Catalina and am in the middle of projects right now. BUT, i do have a related question. When mastering on Ozone i do use the Maximizer to select LUFs level. Does anyone know what the optimum LUFs is for Taxi? Ozone tends to preset at -14 LUFs, but that may be preselected for Spotify.
thank you
cliff

shalashaska888
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by shalashaska888 » Mon May 04, 2020 3:24 pm

Cliffkeller wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:21 am
Hi, I haven't switched to Ozone 9 yet. I have been reading about some stability issues with current version of Catalina and am in the middle of projects right now. BUT, i do have a related question. When mastering on Ozone i do use the Maximizer to select LUFs level. Does anyone know what the optimum LUFs is for Taxi? Ozone tends to preset at -14 LUFs, but that may be preselected for Spotify.
thank you
cliff
Thread about this question right here:

best-lufs-levels-for-taxi-screeners-t145042.html

I personally listen to mine alongside the reference tracks to see if it's a similar value. I've mostly been doing trap/hip-hop stuff lately, and it seems like that goes to -12 to -10 LUFs in my experience.