HIGH-ENERGY POP/ROCK INSTRUMENTALS - Feedback anyone?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ilikered
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

HIGH-ENERGY POP/ROCK INSTRUMENTALS - Feedback anyone?

Post by ilikered » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:07 am

A BUNCH of HIGH-ENERGY POP/ROCK INSTRUMENTALS are needed for several (up to) $200 NON-Exclusive placements in Online Commercials!

This Marketing Agency is looking for fun, Up-Tempo Instrumentals that would fit on a playlist with the following references:

“I Want It” by 3 One Oh

“Turn Up The Heat” by Juliet Roberts

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this pitch.

Please send lots of high-energy Pop/Rock Instrumentals that would sound great in some cool, hip, young-ish-sounding, empowering TV Commercials. Your productions should be so rhythmically and melodically catchy, trendy, and hip (as $#!+), that even the most self-absorbed millennial would pay attention to what's on his or her screen. Having some group Unison Vocal Chants (not lyrics) could work well in this context. "Whoa-whoas, uh-huhs, etc.," you get the idea, right? They're NOT a requirement by any stretch, we just think they might be a cool addition.

All submissions should be about 2 minutes in length. Non-faded, Buttoned/Stinger endings will work best. Please do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast quality is needed.

The estimated license fee for each of these placements will be between $100 and $200, depending on the ultimate usage. This request is for digital/online ads, hence the relatively low creative fee (when compared to a Broadcast Commercial).

These will be Non-Exclusive Agency placements, so you’ll keep 100% ownership of your Copyright and Master Recording. You’ll also get 100% of the Master License Fee and any applicable performance royalties. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by a TAXI Screener. All Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Saturday, April 4th, 2020. TAXI Dispatch # D200404PR

I think the first one gets the vibe but when it says "hip as sh**", who the hell knows what that means!

The second one is a bit of a mess, and I've lost total perspective on it, spent more time on it than I should have, because I HAD TO FINISH IT, ugh.
These are rough mixes/arrangements

Let me know any thoughts, I'm thinking the second one might not be worth submitting.

https://soundcloud.com/vikas-pawa/click-bait

https://soundcloud.com/vikas-pawa/backstop

Thanks for listening\!

-Vikas

ilikered
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: HIGH-ENERGY POP/ROCK INSTRUMENTALS - Feedback anyone?

Post by ilikered » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:13 pm

hey, thought I'd bump this up just in case anyone had a minute for some feedback, curious to know if it's anything like what others expect to hear for this kind of listing,

thanks again everyone,

ilikered
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ilikered » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:48 pm

Here's another one, had the idea this morning. The mix is a little bassy, but you get the idea,

-https://soundcloud.com/vikas-pawa/be-bold

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:43 am

Hey I had a quick listen.

Click seemed in the right ballpark until the synth lead came in which kinda took it away from the vibe of their references

With Backstop I though this was more on the money until the section at 1:04 took me out of it, the guitar riffs there make it sound a bit dated for me and the track loses it's energy

Be Bold is the least likely of the 3 for me, the distorted metal guitar type riffs make it sound kinda sombre and no the right feel/vibe

ilikered
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ilikered » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:58 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:43 am
Hey I had a quick listen.

Click seemed in the right ballpark until the synth lead came in which kinda took it away from the vibe of their references

With Backstop I though this was more on the money until the section at 1:04 took me out of it, the guitar riffs there make it sound a bit dated for me and the track loses it's energy

Be Bold is the least likely of the 3 for me, the distorted metal guitar type riffs make it sound kinda sombre and no the right feel/vibe
Ok got it, I think I can fix Click pretty easily so it keeps it in the same "genre"
I was actually gonna take out that section in Backstop, exactly like you mentioned. No need for it and I'll still be at 2 minutes.
Be Bold is gonna be tough to fix I think. I might have to save it for something else, or send it in anyway and see what kind of comments I get,

Honestly, I'm not sure any of these will be forwarded but I wanted to give it a try, couldn't bring myself to write another urban dramedy or drone cue, only to have them rejected for some unforeseen reason,hahaha.

thanks so much man!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:48 am

ilikered wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:58 am
cosmicdolphin wrote:
Honestly, I'm not sure any of these will be forwarded but I wanted to give it a try, couldn't bring myself to write another urban dramedy or drone cue, only to have them rejected for some unforeseen reason,hahaha.
Tough one to call. I heard worse stuff Forwarded and better stuff Returned so all bets are off. Good Luck !

ilikered
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ilikered » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:00 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:48 am
ilikered wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:58 am
cosmicdolphin wrote:
Tough one to call. I heard worse stuff Forwarded and better stuff Returned so all bets are off. Good Luck !
I know, I heard some forwards for stuff like this and didn't get it at all. I think I might have another library that could use these, especially if I do a couple more, so thought it might be worth the time,