We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradGray
Impressive
Impressive

Is this dark and droney enough?

Post by BradGray » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:38 am

Hey Passengers,

Working on the below Taxi listing, like so many of you. A little feedback to guide me if I'm on the right track, would be appreciated. I've never created a drone. The Erie Drone. I still need to smooth out the levels of the intro, and fix the ending.

Questions

1) Is it dark and droney as per the listing?
2) How do you make a non-fade out drone sound less abrupt?

Thanks Everyone,
Bee

______

Lots of EERIE, AMBIENT DRONE INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very successful NON-Exclusive Music Licensing Company that’s feeding music directly to a specific TV Series.
They need a bunch of Drone Cues that are in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references below:

True Detective S1 OST - The Tiara
Arctica & DeepDark - Heart of the Dead City
“I'm Sick” by Cliff Martinez

Please submit ambient Drone Instrumental Cues that deliver an eerie and ominous feel with very little to no melodic movement. For the purpose of this request, you’d be wise to stick to a singular motif and mood throughout your pieces, so your submissions are cohesive from top to bottom. Your Cues can have faint, cinematic sound design elements as well as sparse percussion, but don’t go overboard. Remember, less is more! Keep it simple and ambient. This is more about the mood being really evident than winning "Composer of the Year."
Note: Although your Drones should have little to no melodic movement, the client would like to hear Instrumental Cues that create a sense of development over time to maintain interest from start to finish.

mwb2
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Is this dark and droney enough?

Post by mwb2 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:20 am

Just my two cents - for me the opening sounds way bigger than a drone. The held string drone also is too loud IMO and needs some kind of slow interest - filter automation or some kind of very slow modulation, something. If anything I'd say there's too much stuff here when compared to the references.

Cheers,
Mike
Mike

soundcloud.com/mwb2
instagram.com/mikekrishton

BradGray
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Is this dark and droney enough?

Post by BradGray » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:15 am

Thanks Mike,

Yeah I agree, the opening goes too loud. I'll rethink the elements more too....sparse and more space....

These things are different to create.
Brad