Looking for review for: Investigative Tension Cues

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

GregVaughan

Looking for review for: Investigative Tension Cues

Post by GregVaughan » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi. I'm looking for feedback for my first attempt at Tension Cues. Here's the listing

They need a bunch of Investigative Tension Cues in a variety of tempos. Please listen to the references they gave us below to get an idea of the style they’re looking for:

"They're Calling My Flight" by Cliff Martinez

"Move Away From The Table" by Cliff Martinez

Please submit well-composed Instrumental Cues that would help support tense, investigative scenes onscreen. Your submissions should be primarily composed using Electronic Instrumentation and elements like pulsing bass notes, softened drumbeats, pulsing pads, clicking percussive sounds, etc. Be sure to craft your Cues around a simple melodic idea that introduces some suspense and tension, while adding new layers of instrumentation as they progress to add dynamics, interest, and forward momentum. Cues that have an ominous and unsettling tone should work well for this show.

Your submissions should be about 90 Seconds long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned endings will work best

Thanks for the hlp in advance!

Song Link:
https://soundcloud.com/gregvaughanmusic ... strumental

shalashaska888
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Looking for review for: Investigative Tension Cues

Post by shalashaska888 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:34 pm

I like the instrumentation and the overall vibe of the track a lot, but I noticed the ad was asking for a 90 second song and yours is about 2 minutes. Might make more sense to condense the whole thing so it's a little bit shorter and it builds and progresses more quickly.

GregVaughan

Post by GregVaughan » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:41 pm

OK thanks I appreciate that. Yes, I was just thinking I should take out the Bridge. It's not necessary anyway I'd think. Just stick to the A section?

Thanks!

henryvan4444
Impressive
Impressive

Post by henryvan4444 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:13 am

Great vibe. I agree with the shortening the length to around 90 sec...it feels like it dragged (just a bit). Also, I listened to the ending a few times because the 1st time it caught me by surprise (i.e. ends suddenly and lacks a bit of build up/anticipation). You may want to rethink the way you end the track. I've had a few (OK a LOT) of tracks returned because the ending wasn't better though out. Good job overall...and good luck!!