New Desk/Any Rack Gear Recommendations?

Tell us about your studio and post some photos no matter how modest or robust it is!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

riffsthatrule
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: New Desk/Any Rack Gear Recommendations?

Post by riffsthatrule » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:00 pm

shalashaska888 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:18 pm
riffsthatrule wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:26 pm
shalashaska888 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:15 pm

Have you used any modelers besides the Kemper? Just curious how they stack up. Seems that Axe FX and Kemper are the two top dogs.
I have used a few versions of the Axe, Eleven Rack and the Line 6 Helix. Also, I haven’t used the Headrush but have heard good things about it. Another one that is brand new and coming out soon is Neural DSPs “Quad Cortex”. It’s siiiiccckkk! Tried it at this years NAMM and that thing is definitely up there with the Axe and Kemper no doubt. I was actually kinda pissed after I played it ‘cause it sounded so great and I had just bought the Kemper haha. Definitely worth looking into.

Anyway, I would definitely say Axe and Kemper are still the top dogs for sure but the Quad Cortex is gonna be right along side them when it comes out. Thing sounds great! The Axe is way more customizable but you can profile your amps with the Kemper which is awesome and it’s a bit more simplistic, which I like. It’s pretty much personal preference but you can go wrong with any of the ( soon to be three) top dogs.

Hope that helps!
All good info. I've seen a few videos of the Neural Quad Cortex and I agree it looks pretty great. Will be interesting to see how that stacks up against the Axe and Kemper, especially as far as price goes.

Seems like the general consensus is that the Kemper is simpler whereas the Axe is more geared towards people that like to tweak. Still leaning towards the Kemper myself, especially seeing as it has the built-in power amp.
For sure! The Axe has virtually endless tweaking possibilities and the built-in power amp is definitely a handy option on the Kemper. My good buddy works for Neural and I was told the Cortex will be pretty similar in price to the Axe and Kemper.