RAP/HIP-HOP INSTRUMENTAL TRACKS

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

shalashaska888
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

RAP/HIP-HOP INSTRUMENTAL TRACKS

Post by shalashaska888 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:20 pm

Please send them well-produced Rap/Hip-Hop Instrumental Tracks that have catchy melodic patterns, engaging drum rhythms, and an overall sound that would feel right at home on the Rap/Hip-Hop charts. Be sure you submit Instrumentals that sound more like records, rather than material that sounds like it came from a stock Music Library.
Not sure if this sounds too "psychedelic" or chill - seems more like trip-hop/trap, but let me know what you think either way - thanks as always.

jacobotto

Re: RAP/HIP-HOP INSTRUMENTAL TRACKS

Post by jacobotto » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:30 pm

Wow, I REALLY dig this track. At first I wasn't feeling the intro melody that stays throughout, but now I love it and I haven't tired of it. I agree that it has a retro, almost synthesis feel which is a really good thing in my book, but maybe not what is being requested. What if you scrapped your kick and share tracks and put in something less busy? I feel like the quick kicks contribute to the psych feel and detract from the hip hop feel? Don't lose this track, it has a great vibe.

elser
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by elser » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:38 pm

I would send it, sounds like a Hip Hop instrumental to me. On my system the bass frequencies are kind of overwhelming, might sound different in other rooms.

shalashaska888
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by shalashaska888 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:51 am

elser wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:38 pm
I would send it, sounds like a Hip Hop instrumental to me. On my system the bass frequencies are kind of overwhelming, might sound different in other rooms.
Thanks for listening, I listened back to the track on a few different systems and I think you're right about the bass frequencies, I'll play around with the mix and little more and then post it tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback :geek:

shalashaska888
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by shalashaska888 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:52 am

jacobotto wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:30 pm
Wow, I REALLY dig this track. At first I wasn't feeling the intro melody that stays throughout, but now I love it and I haven't tired of it. I agree that it has a retro, almost synthesis feel which is a really good thing in my book, but maybe not what is being requested. What if you scrapped your kick and share tracks and put in something less busy? I feel like the quick kicks contribute to the psych feel and detract from the hip hop feel? Don't lose this track, it has a great vibe.
Thanks for listening, glad you liked. I might do what you said and remove the kick/snare, or at least make it a little less busy. Thanks for your feedback 8-)

jacobotto

Post by jacobotto » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:37 pm

Rereading my post I feel like an idiot. I don't mean take out the kick and snare altogether, I just mean redoing the kick and snare with more kick hits on the 1 and snare on the 3. :oops:

shalashaska888
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by shalashaska888 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:05 am

jacobotto wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:37 pm
Rereading my post I feel like an idiot. I don't mean take out the kick and snare altogether, I just mean redoing the kick and snare with more kick hits on the 1 and snare on the 3. :oops:
No worries, that's what I assumed you meant :geek: