Where's the Virus?

Hang with your friends from the TAXI TV Chat Room and discuss the episodes

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TonySollazzo
Active
Active

Where's the Virus?

Post by TonySollazzo » Sat May 30, 2020 3:16 am

Hi - this is probably a too bit long of a ramble for the youtube comments section so I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed being part of the Virus melody challenge.
Normally I chicken out and then listen on with envy to hear what others have done, but this time I didn't and I'm so glad on a lot of levels.
Taking what Jason said about considering alternatives melodies was an interesting exercise that will be useful for anything I try to write.
I was convinced that I had considered every variation I could think of and yet I was surprised by some of the melodies that other people came up with.
This time I listened extra hard to hear what everyone else had done (which is tricky because your 4pm is my 9am so I'm also listening to what's happening at work) compared to other similar episodes because this time I had skin in the game.
It was also nice to do something that is a more light heart-ed than composing for listings but still part of the Taxi universe.
And of course it was great to get feedback from Jason Blume, and to hear his stories of encouragement.
So thank you Michael, Jason, competitors, and the always lively chatroom crowd for a great experience.
p.s. and an extra thanks to Ariana for sneaking in my revised entry at the last minute, I would have been mortified had the original version had gone to air.