Feedback on INVESTIGATIVE TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUE

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

NAHWEH
Active
Active

Feedback on INVESTIGATIVE TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUE

Post by NAHWEH » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:07 pm

Hey,
I am new to Taxi and have received my first return, and I must say the feedback was rather positive. Here is the listing and feedback below:

S200603NV
Lots of INVESTIGATIVE TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a hard-working Music Library that’s constantly landing cool placements in TV Shows.

They need a bunch of Instrumental Cues in this style! Please listen to the following reference the Music Library provided to us to get an idea of the style and sound they're after:

“Pandemic Response” by Steve Barden

TAXI Tip: To get some general tips on composing and selecting sounds for this style of Instrumental Cue, please check out this TAXI TV Episode of Steve Barden crafting the reference above: TAXI TV

Please submit well-composed Instrumental Cues that could enhance the emotion and mood, in a variety of investigative scenes and scenarios. Think of what you might hear in investigation-based shows like CSI, NCIS, and Criminal Minds.

TAXI TIP: Although some CSI-style Cues can be more “techie-sounding," for this request he’s looking for arrangements that incorporate more organic-sounding instrumentation, as heard in the reference. Save the "heavily arpeggiated" forensic-type stuff for other requests!

Be sure to craft your Cues around suspenseful and tension-filled melodic ideas. Keep them simple, while adding new layers of instrumentation as they progress to create dynamics, interest, and forward momentum. Remember that this is all about setting the mood!

What I like most about this song
I always like the combination of piano and strings for a request like this. Nice composition and all good ideas throughout.

I think you could improve this song by
I would take a listen to the reference again to get an idea of the sounds they're looking for.
This has some nice ideas, but it's repetitive and needs more layers and sections to help it build.

I returned or forwarded this song because
This is too repetitive, needs more layers and a more thought out, composed ending. The ending always needs to resolve in a slightly dramatic fashion, this sort of just stops.

Upon listening to the reference again, I think mine is a bit off. But I have attempted to make the song less repetitive so that it is more suited to another application later on.
This is the original:
https://www.taxi.com/members/pL31T_HFSN ... -abandoned

This is my new version:
https://www.taxi.com/members/pL31T_HFSN ... bandoned-2 (change kicks in at 35 seconds.)

I'm wanting some feedback on the new version from some people who are more experienced to see if it's more in the ballpark of a licence-able track.

jaywilliams
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Feedback on INVESTIGATIVE TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUE

Post by jaywilliams » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:38 am

NAHWEH wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:07 pm
I'm wanting some feedback on the new version from some people who are more experienced to see if it's more in the ballpark of a licence-able track.
Hello Nahweh and welcome to Taxi!

For the kind of feedback you seek, you'll get better response if you post in the "Peer to Peer" section here:

forum20.html

"peer to peer" is for feedback on your work

"review station" is more like a review of the review - the screener said X and does that make sense or is it really Y, that kind of thing.

hope this is helpful, and enjoy the journey!

Jay :)
// keep it groovy and make great music :) - Jay

J.W. Hagarty, Producer
Jay Williams Productions
Spotify: bit.ly/spotifyjay
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions

NAHWEH
Active
Active

Re: Feedback on INVESTIGATIVE TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUE

Post by NAHWEH » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:16 am

jaywilliams wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:38 am
NAHWEH wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:07 pm
Hello Nahweh and welcome to Taxi!

For the kind of feedback you seek, you'll get better response if you post in the "Peer to Peer" section here:

forum20.html

"peer to peer" is for feedback on your work

"review station" is more like a review of the review - the screener said X and does that make sense or is it really Y, that kind of thing.

hope this is helpful, and enjoy the journey!

Jay :)
Thanks! That makes sense. I'll go there.